Couple of Questions for those that had surgery with Dr Aquirre

TracyW
on 11/17/04 3:34 am - Spring, TX
Does Dr A remove or leave in your Gallbladder? Being that I have not seen it mentioned I'm assuming that he leaves it. What type of Voltage/Electrical Adapter will I need for anything that I have electrical?
Happy Me
on 11/17/04 7:53 am
Tracy, I am scheduled with Dr A on Dec 1st. It is my understanding that he removes the Galbladder on as "as needed" basis. I noticed when I have read the profiles under Member Directory on his patient forum, that some of the patients had theirs removed and some didn't. I wish I could remember the names so you could look them up. Regarding the adapter, you'll have to ask someone who has stayed in the apartment. Try posting on the patient forum and see if you get an answer. Take care and congratulations on you date with destiny! Sue in ID
klnbaker
on 11/17/04 10:20 am - Gresham, OR
Hi Tracy! I am sitting in one of Dr. Aguirre's apartments right now! This is my last night in Ensenada before heading home. You don't need any type of adapter. Ensenada just isn't that primitive. The apartment has a full size kitchen with microwave, refridgerator and bottled water, so no need to buy that. There is also a full size dining table. The living room has a computer, couch and chair. The bathroom has a large size shower (bless Dr. Aquirre's heart!) toilet, vanity and sink. They provide the towels. The bedroom has a double bed and a single bed. That is also where the TV is. Both the bedroom and living room have large fans to cool you off. There is no heating system. The bedroom also has plenty of storage with a large size closet and a dresser. The apt is only 5 blocks from CardioMed (where they will preform the surgery). Dr. Aguirre's office is four doors down from CardioMed. Also, in the next block there is a park where you can get your walking in after you are released from the hospital. Rosella is the best! If you have any problems or concerns, she is right there. She gives you a cell phone to use with her phone number so she is readily available. Where the apartment is located is in a busy area so you will hear sirens, car alarms, etc. at all hours. I live in the city so this wasn't such a big deal for me. Former patients also leave non-perishible food items they don't want to take back with them. It was nice to have a cup of hot herbal tea, I just didn't think to pack it! Best wishes, Tracy! Kathleen
TracyW
on 11/17/04 10:31 am - Spring, TX
Thank You so much for writting and giving those of us headed there an update of all that you did, we really appricate it. I hope you feel well and have a safe trip home We will be watching your profile for your updates. Thanks Tracy..
SandiBeach
on 11/18/04 5:37 am - Northwest USA
Hi Tracy! I went to Dr A, and he did not take out my gallbladder. I wish he did however, 12 months later my gallbladder went bad, as many WLS people does. They had to completely re-open my entire scar and a whole new surgery. My WLS here in the U.S.A. takes it out always when he does WLS. Hope this helps!
JuliaV
on 11/18/04 8:45 pm
Hi Tracy, My Gallbladder was removed, Dr.A said it was bad. He also said he will only remove it if it is in bad condition. Good lick to you on you surgery. Julia
JuliaV
on 11/18/04 8:48 pm
I am so sorry I wanted to say good luck to you on you surgery and not a good lick Julia
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views