Question for Dr.A's post-op patients regarding meds...

krilar
on 11/30/04 2:26 am - Florence, OR
I am leaving tonight for Mexico, surgery is on Thursday. My good friend who is a pharmacist is coming with me and wants to know what type of medications are given in the hospital and prescribed when you are released for nausea, pain and what antibiotics are used. I have tried to call Rosella at the office yesterday and twice today already and she is not in. Does anyone have know what meds or have Rosella's cell phone number? Thanks, Kristy
Molly Mae
on 11/30/04 3:52 am - WA
Kristy, Gosh, no help here but best of luck! Molly
TracyW
on 11/30/04 5:31 am - Spring, TX
If you find out please share, I too have been wondering..
DW
on 11/30/04 7:47 am - Galveston, TX
Hi Kristy, After I left the hospital I never needed any medication.....no nausea or pain. Dr A gave me a perscription but I never filled it. Good Luck with your surgery Thursday Dot
Tim H.
on 12/2/04 12:23 pm - Masaryktown, Fl
I was told to get Supridol (sp) sublingual. for pain post op. I probably could have gone with out it but it did take the edge off and I have an old shoulder injury nad the way they had to secure my arm during surgery agrivated it so it was good to have. I also took one before the flight home and that was good. In the hospital it was all narcotics. I am guessing as it was throught The IV. I had an epidural. Post surgery (that evening ) I had naseau to the point of dry heaves. In the states they automaticly give you phenergan for naseau but they don't in Mexico. They ran in with it and all was well. I would suggest asking for it prior I doubt they would have a problem giving it to you. I am not sure of the IV antibotics but they do give them. Really not much to worry about. My big advice is to shop at least one or two pharmacies. We went to one and they said the Supridol Sublingual was expensive and special order. We went across the street and it was on the shelf for about half what they quoted at the other store. I think it was like 17.00 US but it might have been less for the whole script. Hope this helps. Tim
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views