Can anyone please help me?

GW
on 12/26/04 8:54 am - Weatherford, TX
Hi all! I haven't really posted here, I usually hang out on the Texas Message Board. So, here is the short version of my story. I was denied not by my insurance, but by my husbands HR dept. They had the exclusion. After several appeals and no luck, we have decided to go to Mexico. I had a previous date which I had to cancel because the house we are selling didn't close. Recently I have been diagnosed with diabetes and my doctor is back on the case trying to win an appeal! (Gotta love that man!) Anyway, I told him about my plans for surgery out of the country and asked if he would do my aftercare. He has said that he would, but he wants me to print out some information about this surgery and what the aftercare entailes. (diet, shots, etc) I was wondering if some of you would please post or email me a short testimonial about your experience there. Don't leave out complications if any. I want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! Your age, starting weight, height, and previous comorbidites would be very helpful. Especially if some of them are not lessened dramatically or gone! I really appreciate all the help you can give. Thanks so much, and God bless! Genie
Maria F.
on 12/28/04 2:23 am - San Diego, CA
Genie, I am not very good in keeping my profile updated but you might want to check some of the patients profiles here. I know this helped me a lot when deciding to go to Mexico. I found tons of information, some patients are great and very detailed in their accounts. I read a lot on Dr. Aceves and his patients there is a lot of information there. There must be some other testimonials out there that can help you. Good Luck Mary
GW
on 12/31/04 3:13 am - Weatherford, TX
Will do, and thanks! Do you know if I would have to get there permission before using parts of their profile for my doctor? Anyone know? Genie
Jessica P.
on 12/30/04 7:46 am - Taylor, AZ
Genie, I had surgery with Dr. Lopez in November. I was happy with his facilities and services. I Contacted www.belighter.com and they helped me arrange everything. I have heard bad stories about south of the border. I was happy with my experiance. Jessica
GW
on 12/31/04 3:15 am - Weatherford, TX
Jessica, Thanks for your post. I know there are good and bad experiences everywhere, I am just trying to make the most informed decision. And a lot of it has to do with cost, as I am a self pay. I visited the site you suggested. It looked great! I just couldn't find $ mentioned anywhere. Have any ideas how much a self pay would pay? Thanks! Genie
kristie R.
on 1/4/05 7:08 am - Litchfeild Park, AZ
Genie, I know it is scary when you are making such a life altering decition. I would love to speak with you more, maybe i could provide you information that will help you make a more educated decision. you can call me at #800-679-5377 Thank you Kristie Rivington
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views