Christmas weekend

Becca A.
on 12/27/04 5:09 am - South Jordan, UT
Hi everyone, I don't post much, but I do have a question. I am nine months out and have done great witht he band. Friday morning I woke up feeling sick to my stomach,and I hadn't overeaten the night before. I really got scared because my stomach hurt really bad for two days, even if I drank water.I think I know now, I did have something stuck, but I was so afraid something was really wrong. What do we do if there is a real emergency, no one wants to take care of people who were banded in Mexico, at least, not here in Utah. If you go to the emergency room, do they have to? Thanks Becca 3/05/04 Dr. Arturo Rodriguez 200/146/130
chunkable
on 12/27/04 8:36 am - federal way, wa
Hi becca, Im so sorry you are having problems. If your local doctor cannot help you then yes I would go to an emergency room to find out what is wrong. Sometimes if the pain gets too severe you want to get that checked out. I have a band right now and am going to be converted to the gastric bypass because my band is leaking. I would first call around and see if you can find a doc in your area that might do your aftercare for you. Up here in seattle we have many that will take us even though we are going to Mexico because most of the mexican doctors taught our american doctors how to do the surgery. Let me know how your doing sweety and good luck.. Cindy Oh and yes if you go to the emergency room they have to treat you and see you... Hope this helps..
Becca A.
on 12/27/04 9:28 am - South Jordan, UT
Thanks for your reply. I do feel much beter now. I pb'd a few times Friday night. I think I had something stuck, then had a sore stomach after. I am going to be much more careful. I think I am so used to the band now, I eat to fast. I am sorry your band is leaking. But good luck with the bypass, did you say you were going to Mexico for that too? Is it going to be the same Dr? Take care, Becca
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views