Affordable Bariatrics

nmargiolas
on 1/1/05 1:45 pm - Raleigh, NC
What do we know about these doctors at Affordable Bariatrics. I find it nice and easy to get his all inclusive package like all my worries are taken away less phone calls etc. Has anyone been to Bogata for thier surgery with Dr Milker? Any information PLEASE
kristie R.
on 1/4/05 7:22 am - Litchfeild Park, AZ
Nicole, There are several great surgeons south of the border. I wish there was something I could say or do to make your decision easy. The best advice I can give you is check the surgeons facilities along with he or she surgical history. I also found out recently that if you use a band that is not FDA approved you can be dropped by your health insurance, and even have problems finding medical professionals in the United States who will ajust a non FDA approved device. I personally think it is a good idea to make sure your surgeon uses the inamed lapband. if you would like more info you can visit www.belighter.com or www.lapband.com Good luck Kristie
GW
on 1/4/05 7:24 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey Nicole! I am like you when it comes to being able to finance wls and my insurance keeps denying me. Fortunately, I am waiting for a house to sell to be able to self pay. There are lots of folks who don't have any thing to sell. So, I am grateful! Now, on to your question. I also looked into AffordableBariatrics. I still don't know for sure that I won't use them, but I seem to be leaning toward Dr. A in Mexico for now. I emailed all of the people who had testimonials on that site. I heard back from almost all of them. I am not sure how much weight they carry, since I have no guarantees they are not paid for saying good things, or even if they really had surgery there! I will be very interested to see if someone from OH responds. Anyway, if you would like, I will forward their emails to you. Just email me your email address if you want me to. Hope this has helped a little! Good luck! Genie
kimberly
on 1/8/05 1:40 am - LIBUSE, LA
let me start by saying that Dr. Silva in Bogota seems to be a wonderful man. He is very informative and his quick contact and kindness supercede any doctor i have talked too. My husband and I were both scheduled to have surgery in Bogota and my dad had a terrible accident and we were not able to go. We scheduled again for the 11th and my aunt just died and we are unable to go. I wonder if this is God's way of telling me not to go to a country with such problems and strife going on. If the doctors of Affordable Bariatrics were in a safe place, I would go tomorrow. I'm just leary of going to that country since both of us are going and we have to small children at home. I know that God watches over his own but he also gives us a mind to reason things out. I'm not looking into Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey, Mexico. Again, I can't say enough good things about Dr. Silva in Bogota. He is a wonderful Christian man. Good luck with your search. Kim in Louisiana
Maria F.
on 1/8/05 5:21 am - San Diego, CA
Nicole, I did not research out of Mexico,I found that I had a lot of work to do just with the doctors available in Mexico. I can tell you about my choice which is the one I know more about. I had Lap Band surgery with Dr. Aceves in mexicali, he is a great surgeon with a lot of years of experience not only in lap band but also in lap gastric bypass and other laparoscopic procedures. Don't let the serious picture on his web page fool you, he is a charismatic man! I chose the lap band for myself but know they also do the bypass surgery lap. I can tell you that the doctor is very nice and caring, so is his staff, they are genuinely nice people. I have been in contact with them after surgery and have the doctors personal cel phone in case I need it. They have a great team and the work they do really makes you feel safe and comfortable. I found their prices to be reasonable as well. You can email me if you want for more info. Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 256 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 445 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1060 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1626 views