Recent Posts

Aligobs
on 8/16/09 2:39 pm - Australia
Topic: RE: Desk Vent
Have a look at "nail desk vent" from the Arden company.  We have had good experiance with them, they have something that actually works on dust and fumes.  I know that they are now looking at exporting sometime soon.  They are in Austrlia
reddoxiegirl
on 1/1/08 3:52 am
Topic: allergies
I have been doing nails for 16 years. I have a very successful business. I have a very problemed client. She is allergic to every chemical involved in acrylic nails. I have tried different chemicals, with and without primer. Her fingertips swell and are very tender. Wraps were working but now that she is more active with her hands, they are failling apart. I do not have this problem with any other client, and I use good products. I need to switch her to something else. I am afraid that gels won't hold up either but I can't think of any other ideas. Does anyone have any advice? I am open to anything at this point. Thanks! Jen
annann325
on 12/4/07 1:39 pm - Canada
Topic: hello everyone, ...
hello everyone, I'm from Richmond, Canada and planning to study nails. But currently, I heard from my realtives that nail polish and polish remover are harmful to our body. At the beginning I only know it's not healthy to smell those nail polish scents because it contains lots of chemicals. But now I check online, and found out that if you always use these chemicals, it's really harmful to our body. A scientist from the states announced that these chemicals from nail products can cause cancer( if u use these products many time in everyday) Or, it may cause other sickness becase when u breath, the chemcial will get in to our body. also, if you are pregnant, you should avoid using nail polish, because it could damage your baby's brain and cause other sickness. I really want to ask all the nail technicians, how's your life being a nail technician? does it cause any bad expereince for you? does it really affect your health and your child? I really want to figure it out before I study. Thank you everyone! Annie.
organic
on 10/3/07 2:15 am - UK
Topic: RE: new safe organic nail system now in the uk
hi chrisitna all our information is on our web site at www.organicnails.co.uk thank you Derek
christinapereda
on 10/2/07 2:57 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: new safe organic nail system now in the uk
Please let me know more about your organic system thanks Christina
organic
on 6/21/07 11:19 am - UK
Topic: new safe organic nail system now in the uk
i am master nail technician and have been for 10 years working with acrylics.. the down side of working with acrylic systems was affecting my health so i found this wonderful unique organic system and have worked all over America successfuly and have brought it over to the uk. It is so safe you can actually eat it . I would never work with acrylics again.. We are now the suppliers for the uk and abroad.Once you have worked this product you will never put chemicals on your nails again. It is so easy ,we have a 6 easy step instructional dvd with kit. mags- supplier/educator of the organic nail system
luke2
on 1/31/07 12:36 am
Topic: RE: I need your Help
Thanks for the info. Luke2
ritag82
on 1/30/07 11:12 am - Canada
Topic: Desk Vent
I'm looking for a good desk vent / vacuum. I'd like one that I can install to the center of my desk by putting a hole in it. Anyone know of a place i can get one or a company i can look into??
ritag82
on 1/30/07 11:11 am - Canada
Topic: RE: I need your Help
I'm not too sure but here's something i found... http://www.stylecareer.com/nail_salon.shtml
ritag82
on 1/30/07 11:06 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Nail Tech needs help!!!!
I don't agree with the fact your employer is forcing you to do Gel. I don't think anyone should do something unless they want to. are you even certified to do gel? there are a lot of pro's and cons. Gel: Basically need a perfect nail to pull them off. can't get a crisp white smile line like acrylic. they are very dusty when filing. lift easier on a lot of people. are often the only thing that works on someone with their hands in water a lot. Some think they look more natural. But thats because you can't get a white that is REALLY white so they match more of that natural white look. Comes in colors. Acrylic: Covers flaws on the nail. Available in many shades of white and pink to match up to different skin tones to get a more natural look. Stronger than Gel. Great for nail biters. Comes in different colors and sparkles for colored tips when doing French.
Most Active
Recent Topics
allergies
reddoxiegirl · 0 replies · 303 views
hello everyone, ...
annann325 · 0 replies · 323 views
Desk Vent
ritag82 · 0 replies · 898 views
Nail Tech needs help!!!!
Tiedyed40 · 0 replies · 570 views