Recent Posts

Marjorie T.
on 9/13/04 2:38 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Topic: RE: Any Navy wives out there?
Hi Eileen, My husband is stationed on the Ike at portsmouth right now and I work on Naval Base Norfolk.
Danniella P.
on 7/14/04 9:23 am - Va Beach, VA
Hi my name is Danniella. I just found this link. I've been on the list for a year and a half. I;m waiting to see the surgeon on the 9th of August. My surgery date is set for the 22nd of Sept. I've have completed all my test. I'm having a problem with my mammogram. They something. Jan at the hospital has been very helpful on keeping clam until I see the doctor. I'm prayin g it is nothing. I really ready for this surgery.
NitroMike
on 6/28/04 10:33 am - Charlotte, NC
looking to find someone that was in the navy. Does anyone know where I can find if someone is still active? I have D.o.b, and SSN, and full name and last address when he was in military. My stepdaughter is looking for her father. PLEASE HELP!!!
k R.
on 6/24/04 1:21 am - VA
Navy wife here also. My husband is deployed on the George Washington, and my surgery is 7/2. He will not be here for my surgery, but atleast I have my parents here to support me. I hope to be a size smaller when he returns towards the end of July hopefully. I am nervous though not having him here, as this will my first time in the hospital without him by my side. He called me yesterday on my birthday, to wish me luck next week, and to tell me he is ok. As the days draw closer, I find myself second guessing myself wondering if i am doing the right thing. I am so excited one minute and scared the next.
Yes Its Me
on 6/13/04 11:21 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Everyone! I just found this page and thought I'd leave a message.I'm also a navy wife who has been to San Diego for a year back in 2002-2003 and had a nasty experience with a doctor there who was rude and made it all very disappointing for someone who was seeking help by getting WLS. We moved in July 03 and are now in Mississippi, found a great surgeon here , although I have to go all the way to New Orleans, but I had a surgery date after only three months. I encourage everyone who has been overweight all their lives and is seeking this as a tool to lose the weight and keep it off, even though I've not even had my surgery yet. I have many friends and a family member who had the procedure and they are so happy. I'm looking forward to going back to San Diego in a few years ( hopefully !! ) and that time, actually being skinny enough to ride the rides at the parks, and not being looked at like a freak when I go out with hubby My tip for all of you who are thinking about it.. keep your spirits up. Tricare covers the procedure if you meet the criteria, and if you keep all of your papers in order, you shouldn't have any problems at all with the insurance. Feel free to Email me if you like! Best wishes to all of you.. and for all of you in San Diego.. I MISS CALIFORNIA!! hehe Andrea
Heather B.
on 6/9/04 4:09 am - Owings Mills, MD
Hey, I am not a navy wife but my brother is on the USS Ross. Right now he is under way and is the area of Spain. I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and I hope you are as pround of your sailor as I am of my brother. Heather, Owings Mills, MD
KEVIN K.
on 5/29/04 2:20 pm - MARTINEZ, CA
Topic: DID ANYBODY OUT THERE SPEND TIME IN GUAM?
JUST LOOKING TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY NAS AGANA PEOPLE OUT THERE WITH VQ-1 OR AIMD.
Briana A.
on 5/27/04 12:02 pm - Norfolk, VA
Hi! I am a navy wife as well. My hubby just got a shore billet but had previously served on the Nassau and the George Washington. He just got of the GW in Jan. He is now at Sima Norfolk. He is an HT. We have been in Va for 5 years and no other billets. Uggg. I want to go somewhere else so bad. I am currently on the waiting list and go to orientation on the 17 at Portsmouth. I live in base housing here in Norfolk. Hello all!
mistya
on 4/12/04 2:51 pm - Port Hueneme, CA
Hi Lisa! So sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was away for Easter and I just logged on. Tomorrow is the big day for you! That is so exciting!! I will email you with a couple of questions when I get some more time. I am sure that it will be a while before you feel like logging on to a computer I have an apt. with Dr. Das this Friday. I hear she is okay, but that Lundquist is great! When I was picking out my PCM, Dr. Das was the only Dr. who was accepting new patients. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you a speedy recovery!
Lisa O.
on 4/8/04 6:57 am - Orem, UT
Misty, did you try Dr. Benson or Lundquist at the NBVC Medical Clinic on Port Hueneme? They referred me to Dr. Owens in Orange county. It is the only one that Tricare is contracted with. After Dr. Owens got my referral and my paperwork...Tricare only took 24 hours to approve my surgery. I will be having it in 4 days. We live on Port Hueneme in housing. I am glad you like this area. Watch out for the killer mosquitos on your base. Let me know if you need help with getting approval or referral. I know who to talk to....I was the Ombudsman for NMCB3.
Most Active
Recent Topics
clothing exchange
navy_wife · 0 replies · 320 views
New to this and the Navy
Michelle L. · 3 replies · 448 views
Hampton Roads area?
Jen R. · 1 replies · 332 views
Newbie w/PCM question
angela_in_sd · 1 replies · 442 views