Recent Posts

LaShawn R.
on 1/11/05 8:32 am - Lake City, SC
Topic: RE: Any Navy wives out there?
Another Navy wife. We've been in VA for about 10 years now. Hubby is leaving shore duty in Norfolk and going back to the "IKE". Looks like we'll retire here. I'm new to this site but it's awesome so far! I'm trying to get my doctor to approve my WLS. Any advice would be great. I'll most likely have my surgery at Portsmouth Naval.
dalacary
on 1/8/05 9:50 pm - SC
I too am a Navy wife. We just moved to SC in December 2004 - DH will be working at NWS Chasn... FOUR years of shore duty! YEAH! He also just came off the GW. I had my surgery 9/29 at Portsmouth Naval Hospital, but since we're now in SC, I'm looking for a support group in this area.
deb113
on 12/9/04 2:21 pm - pensacola, FL
Hi Everyone, I'm a navy wife. My hubby retired after 20 years. Both sons are in the navey now. Well, one of them are in bocamp right now. Been in for 3 weeks now. He is doing ok. LOL!! I know he wish he was home. We sure do miss him. But, This is the best thing for him. Nice to meet all you . DEBRA
NavyNukeWife
on 9/29/04 5:19 am - Goose Creek, SC
I am also a Navy wife. We are currently in Hawaii and live in Honolulu, and hoping to move to Coneticut next August.
KEVIN K.
on 9/28/04 1:34 am - MARTINEZ, CA
Topic: RE: DID ANYBODY OUT THERE SPEND TIME IN GUAM?
FROM WHAT I KNOW VQ-1 IS UP AT WIDBEY ...DID HC-5 MOVE ALSO......I WAS ATTACHED TO VQ-1 BUT WORKED AT THE NAS AIMD SHOP.....I HAD A LOT OF FUN THERE.......I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT BARNEY'S BEACH HOUSE IS NO MORE.....DID TAHITI RAMA CLOSE DOWN ALSO.....SO ALL OF NAS IS GUAM HOUSING NOW...EVEN THE BARRACKS?...WAS THE BOWLING ALLEY STILL THERE??...
Duval Diva
on 9/23/04 4:32 am - JACKSONVILLE, FL
I'am a retired navy wife my husband retired in "99" from pax river and now we are in jacksonville fla and he is now at the post office
dante W.
on 9/23/04 3:08 am - Edinburg, TX
Topic: RE: DID ANYBODY OUT THERE SPEND TIME IN GUAM?
Yup, Stationed at HC-5 from 01-03. Beautiful island. NAS Agana is now public housing for the locals. VQ-1 I'm not sure what happened to it, but all VQ's are now in Widbey. Take care.
KathieInHawaii
on 9/21/04 8:41 am - Ewa Beach, HI
Aloha! My husband is in the Navy, currently stationed at Pearl Harbor. He is getting ready to start his terminal leave shortly which means we are RETIRING! WOOHOOOOO!!! Can't believe it has been 20 years already. Time flies when you are having fun! Hugs, Kathie in Hawaii...
Marjorie T.
on 9/13/04 2:50 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Congrats to you and your husband! Officer life is a far cry from enlisted! It has both its pros and cons. As the granddaughter of a 'high raking Army Officer' I can tell you that there are many things that will change for YOU. Not just your husband. Just stay true to yourself and you should be just fine .
Marjorie T.
on 9/13/04 2:47 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey Caroline! I went to East Carolina University and spent many a years hanging out with my Marine corp buddies. Cherry Point is such a sweet base (if a Marine Corp base could be considered sweet). I don't know how long you have been there but if you want to know anything about the area just let me know. I lived there for ten years. Marjorie
Most Active
Recent Topics
clothing exchange
navy_wife · 0 replies · 320 views
New to this and the Navy
Michelle L. · 3 replies · 448 views
Hampton Roads area?
Jen R. · 1 replies · 332 views
Newbie w/PCM question
angela_in_sd · 1 replies · 442 views