Recent Posts

Batwingsman
on 11/10/19 10:58 pm - Garland, TX
Topic: RE: Sono bella

I have seen and heard the ads on T.V. and radio, but it sounds like something that is NOT for general weight loss purposes but rather for spot reducing, akin to liposuction. In other words, if you are at goal weight and still have stubborn "pockets of fat" in certain areas, this would supposedly be the procedure to take care of it.

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/28/19 3:47 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
Topic: RE: Denied gastric bypass

Have you considered having surgery in Mexico? Out-of-pocket costs there tend to be quite a bit lower than they are in the states. There are plenty of people on this boards who've taken that option because they could not afford to have surgery in the US.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

eldshe
on 10/8/19 7:03 am
Topic: Denied gastric bypass

hey all, I was denied 2 years ago for gastric bypass as I was not considered OBESE enough. since then I have gained over 14 pounds even with better diet and exercise.

I have a very hard time staying on track with my exercise being mom to 2 very energetic boys, working full time, etc. Every time I start getting back on track with my daily exercise, my knees give out, my back gives out etc.

I am getting desperate for a better solution to help me start the weight loss, I have fallen into major depression due to my weight, struggle everyday to find clothes to wear to work. never ending battle. tried to get private financing for the gastric sleeve but was denied. Was thinking of starting Bernstein to kick start the weight loss.

182 lbs

4' 11

BMI < 36.8

Theala
on 9/16/19 12:17 pm
Topic: RE: Liquid diet - What did you wish you would have been told before starting?

Hi, I have been on jenny craig for 12 weeks and lost 14.8kg. I've now also started optifast and in my first week I lost 1.2kg. I found it hard not to cheat here and there, no solid meals but a bite of something on and off. Now in my second week and it's much easier already. I've realized I wasnt hungry at all but the minute I smelt something yummy I felt I needed some. It's all mind over matter I think. Training yourself to realize that you dont need that food ..... how did you land up doing on the liquid diet?

PaleBeauty
on 9/11/19 9:10 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 09/20/07
Topic: Sono bella

Has anyone ever gotten this done? And how did it work?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/22/19 12:19 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
Topic: RE: Teen weight loss

Weighing, measuring, and logging your food can help a lot. Try something like MyFitnessPal, it's free and a lot of people use it. Keep yourself to a calorie goal; seeing it written down is really good for accountability.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

mirae
on 8/20/19 2:00 pm
Topic: Teen weight loss

Hello,

I am new here. I just wanted to know if anyone has any tips for losing weight quickly. I recently turned 18 and want to get into shape. I'm quite overweight. I've tried dieting and cutting out sugar and junk it does work but i have a tendency of saying "i'll treat myself today and get back on track tomorrow." and the cycle continues. I'm going to start to do cardio everyday but i need help on my eating.

So, any advice would be appreciated!

btm61
on 7/14/19 8:50 am
Topic: RE: Can't have surgery and can't go on like this.

Chunky423,

I just now saw this post so I hope I'm not too late. Two years ago I entered myself into a Medically Managed Program that allows for three meals per day and snacks as needed. I weighed in at 444 pounds and ballooned to 452 within two weeks. Since then I have dropped steadily to 342 this past week. YOU CAN DO THIS. It won't be easy, but take the route of the tortoise, the rewards will be substantial.

btm61
on 7/12/19 6:19 pm
Topic: RE: Liquid diet - What did you wish you would have been told before starting?

MySlide, any medical professional that would allow you to go on an all-liquid diet is neither medical or a professional. Don't do it.

Julia S.
on 6/12/19 8:55 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I did Optifast for 12 weeks and did not eat a bite of solid food in all of that time. It was excruciating, and I would not recommend it to anyone. I lost 50lbs but managed to gain it back and then some. Over the years it was one of many attempts at weight loss. On the liquid diet I was always hungry, not just hungry but a deep gnawing hunger that never went away. I drank tons of water and tea but always felt hungry. My blood pressure dropped and I couldn't stand up quickly or I would pass out. After exercise I would almost pass out in the shower, everything would go black and I would have to lean up against the wall to prevent falling down. I still cannot stand shakes to this day and that was in the mid 1980's.

It is not a fix for a lifetime of bad eating habits. As we all know dieting doesn't work. You need to make life long changes and eat healthier. Most of us that have had WLS eat high protein and low carb. I know that I was desperate when I did Optifast, and it did work for awhile, but it wasn't a permanent fix. If you truly want to lose weight and maintain it I would recommend WLS, if your insurance covers it.

Good luck to you!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 336 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 464 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 673 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 883 views