Hello all

Kimee129
on 4/27/04 3:21 am - San Diego, CA
I work as a School nurse in a local middle school. I can't tell you how frustrated I am sometimes when my teens come to me who are "dieting". It just makes me sick to think that society has such an impact on how our kids think. Most of these girls are underweight. I feel like I am not getting the point across to them about proper nutrition because of my weight status right now. I think that is one of the biggest reasons why I am going to go through the surgery. I don't feel like anyone is taking me serious because I am so overweight. Anyone else out there feel frustrated?
Luvitsunny
on 4/27/04 1:07 pm - Sunny South, FL
I know exactly what you are saying. It's the same way I feel when I see medical personnel who still smoke. Overeating, smoking, alcohol abuse -- it hurts the professional credibility.
Stacy O.
on 7/31/04 8:56 am - Hornell, NY
No offense, but I know medical personel who smoke and it certainly doesn't mean they are unprofessional or have no credibility. That's their life choice. I used to smoke prior to surgery and I am a very good LPN. The choices that people make just because you might not agree with them does not make them any less skilled or dedicated to their job. And over eating....Hello obviously those of us who are here have had or have a problem with over eating it still doesn't make me less of a nurse. Sorry, but I guess I am am missing how medical professionals who smoke or over eat have poor credibility. Stacy 220/148/120ish
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Nurses Week to all
RobinNJ · 0 replies · 305 views
Bad side of nursing....
kathy B. · 1 replies · 1107 views
Healthcare for nurses
~Beautiful One~ · 4 replies · 367 views
Orlando Support Group Meetings
slimderella · 2 replies · 823 views