Hi.....New to this board and I want to know......

FullfiguredVirgoGal
on 8/18/05 3:42 pm - Altoona, IA
Hi All, My name is Nissah and I am new to this board. I have always seen it, but was not sure about joining. So here I am. I am soon to be 32 y/o in 5 days, and I am starting my clinicals in nursing school on Sept.6th. One problem, I might get to have surgery on 8/30, which will give me only 1 week recovery time before I start class. I had scheduled my date for 12/19 which is the monday after the last day of class and I will return to school on 1/10/06 and I feel this time frame will give me the recovery period that I need. Have any of you had WLS and then started school this soon after. Is this a good idea? I was told by my surgeon, that it was fine to have surgery in Dec., but I may have to do some things over again, like getting approval again, because approvals usually are valid only for 60 days, but he will ask. My surgeon also wanted me to have WLS by the end of Oct. and take a few days off, but I am scared, since the clinicals are the most important thing about nursing classes. Has anyone else run into or had this problem with school. I am really leaning on the side of waiting until Dec to have surgery. What do you think? Nissah The F.AT Slayer 360/340/???/180 can't count the days.......
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Nurses Week to all
RobinNJ · 0 replies · 305 views
Bad side of nursing....
kathy B. · 1 replies · 1106 views
Healthcare for nurses
~Beautiful One~ · 4 replies · 367 views
Orlando Support Group Meetings
slimderella · 2 replies · 822 views