Worried about malabsorption

chrisrau
on 10/9/06 10:03 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I'm 2 1/2 years post op. My weight is around 150 and I'm 6' tall. I look great. I have very little sagging skin. I exercise and I take lots of vitamins. How do I say this delicately? My poop is white. I'm always cold and my skin is beginning to have a lot of dry patches. Something is not right. I'm going for a new blood test to make sure everything is ok. I'm just worried that I'm not absorbing something and becoming deficient in some important nutrients. I've started juicing and really focusing on fruits and veggies besides protein. Any ideas about what I should look for or do differently?
Dee L.
on 12/21/06 11:30 am - Charlotte, NC
Hi Chris ,I have malaborption also and t ake vits and eat good.I have such bad smelly gas and dry skin also.I don't know what to do either.I am going back to basis.Dee
Kimberly_2005
on 1/18/07 9:49 pm
i was reading your reply what can one do for malabsorbtion as i had surgery 1 1/2 years ago and i am below weight that i should be i look like a skeleton you can count my ribs and i do not know how to gain weight i eat all the time and i can eat anything i have tried everything and including weight gain drinks.  do you know where i can get some advise
MarilynT
on 1/20/07 5:15 am
I once had BMs that had no color....that was right around the time I was having gallbladder attacks.  Are you having any pain associated with these other symptoms?  Do you even still have your gallbladder?  That is something I would consider, since it is bile and liver excreted stuff that gives BMs their color.  Good luck. 
Most Active