NSA Ice Cream cause You Cravings?

sophie32
on 9/30/07 11:24 pm - Columbia, SC
Does this happen with anyone else too?  I notice when I eat the no sugar added ice creams such as fudgecicles, klondike bars, blue bunny ice creams I want more and more, this may have been the culprits of my plateau also...Even sugar free puddings do this also to me.  Maybe it is the carbs that contributes to these cravings also.  I have switched from equal to Splenda which has definately helped also...
DanielleH_RD
on 10/1/07 1:31 pm - CA
There's no evidence that sugar substitutes cause cravings - in fact, we really don't know what causes cravings! I think you have to look at the psychological side of it and the statement about wanting more and more - is this hunger in your head?  Does your body require the nutrients in that SF fudgecicle?  Is there possibly a self-control issue that you may want to address? WLS is only part of the story. You have to set goals, make plans, and follow-through to get the results you want. Does unlimited sugar-free ice ceam fit in that picture? Food for thought.
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

sophie32
on 10/1/07 10:57 pm - Columbia, SC
Thanks, you've got me thinking....
Most Active