no weight loss

cheryl72107
on 10/1/07 12:35 am
I ,  had gasrtic bypass on 7/21/07, at surgery weighed 358.9 currently weigh 268, my problem is i havent lost a single pound in 2 weeks , is this normal?
thenewTamara
on 10/1/07 1:46 am
You have lost 90 lbs in 10 weeks!!!!  I think that is great....... Your body is just trying to hold on to it alittle longer.  I keep reminding myself that it HAS to come off at some point and time..... Tamara
sarard
on 10/2/07 5:21 am - Costa Mesa, CA
It is normal to slow your weight loss. Your weight came of very, very rapidly -- around 10 lbs per week. Has anything in your diet or exercise routine changed? If not, just hold on for a little bit. I know you want to see the scale move - but keep in mind, the scale does not only weigh fat -- you are also measuring your muscle & water. If you are exercising really hard, you may also be losing fat and gaining muscle. If this is the case, you wouldn't see the scale move either. How do your clothes fit? If you don't see the scale move - but you feel like you are losing, you may consider buying a scale with bioelectrical impedience. It will measure you percentage of fat and you may be able to see your fat going down -- even if the number isn't moving. Hang in there. Try not to sweat it too much.
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
Most Active