Please help... suggestions needed

Cherina
on 10/2/07 2:18 pm - Sacramento, CA

Hello Everyone

My name is Cherina and I am in need of help and assistance. I am described as a lightweight. In January weighed in at 249 and 5’0 feet tall when I was referred to by my PCP, who then instructed me to begin focusing on loosing weight immediately, which I did. By the day that I had my consult in may with my surgeon I was proud to weigh in at 205. Unfortunately what my PCP failed to mention is that the WLS doc takes your starting pre-op loss weight not from date of referral but from consult date which was 205 placing my pre-op loss goal at 181 which is nearly an impossibility. As an athlete I worked out 4+ hours a day ate well, healthy & in moderation and could not go below 189, so as a full time mother and vice-principal that is not going to happen. Long story short I am currently 196 and have 25 days to loose 15 pounds and I have tried everything that I can think of but around the low 190’s is when my weight loss ALWAYS STOPS, its like a glass ceiling!!!

I am willing to try just about anything to reach goal in 25 days. Anyone have any ideals about how to jump start my loss again and get to this “ridiculous” (I really think that he is asking for too much) goal weight by 10/25?

Please help me.

Cherina

DanielleH_RD
on 10/4/07 1:00 pm - CA
In my opinion, there is no safe or recommendable way for you to lose 15 lbs in 25 days.  You  would need a 2000 calorie defecit each day to meet this goal, and that doesn't even account for fluid shifts.  Maybe you need to consult with your physician about the feasibility of this request. regards,
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

ginau
on 10/7/07 12:30 pm - mesa, AZ
wow that is a big goal !!!  here is my suggestion or two  1 talk to your primay and get a copy of your medical record to show the surgeon your progress!  2. atkins or southbeach are good eating plans to follow  ** the biggest reasons dr wants  you to drop weight is cause the vital organs shrink first and help amke surgery easier - shrink the liver, gallbladder  etc..  gives them room to more around more easily.  Good luck and push tha****er !!  boost your metabolism.
Most Active