L-Glutamine Granules

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/07 2:50 pm - New Delhi, India, India
I'm taking G-Mune, by Cipla as my protein suppliment. Each 15 gm sachet contains L-glutamine USP (10gm). It's not clear what the other 5 gms consist of.

I live in India and am supposed to ingest 3 sachets a day. Does anyone have any idea what L-glutamine USP is? How many grams of protein is in the sachet. It's not written on the packaging.

I just want to make sure i'm getting enough protein.

Thanks in advance.

Rani
JeanneB_RD
on 10/12/07 1:21 am
Hi Rani,  I looked up Cipla's website and was unable to find information w/ a nutritional breakdown of G-mune. Is that an abbreviation? I'm really curious to see what the 5gm could be?  L-Glutamine is a naturally occuring, non-essential amino acid found mainly in our skeletal muscles and blood. It becomes essential or "needed" during times of injury or illness. Based on the info you provided it sounds like you are receiving 10gm of actual L-glutamine per sachet or packet 3x/day.  Please let me know if there's a longer name for this product.  Good luck!  
Jeanne Barnett, RD
Registered Dietitian, Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/07 1:20 pm - New Delhi, India, India
Thanks much! I'm equally curious. Does that mean I'm only getting 10 gms protein per packet? If that's the case, then i'm not getting enough protein and should be doubling up the packets. They're having me take 3 packets a day.

Is this a good (advisable) source of protein?

I will call the dietician on MOnday and inquire more about this product.

Thanks,
Veronica
JeanneB_RD
on 10/13/07 6:18 am

Glutamine is a great protein source, so yes, it is advisable.  I think you are only getting the 10gm. Please let me know if you  find out what the other 5gm consistent of. Thanks,

Jeanne Barnett, RD
Registered Dietitian, Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
Most Active