Which vitamins may be taken together?

DixieDarling
on 6/19/11 8:07 am - Douglasville, GA
Been off all supplements forever.  Doc said I am low on everything.  I bought a supply of everything yesterday; however, I remember there are some vits and supplements that may not be taken together and some that may be taken after two hours of taking another type.  Someone, please help me get back on track.  Thanks!
AMYH-M
on 6/21/11 9:39 am - League City, TX
Just don't take calcium and iron together. otherwise, you should be fine. I really like the Celebrate vitamins. I also have been using a spray B-12 (some brand from Vitamin Shoppe) that I like better than pills. Calcium citrate is the kind of calcium you need. And if you take extra d, it should be from a dry source.  about 500 mg of calcium is about all you can absorb at a time, so you should spread out the calcium throughout the day. Good for you getting back on track. Good luck. It is really hard to keep up when you get a few years out.
vitalady
on 7/22/11 8:45 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I can send you a schedule for your surgery type and what I call the "fixit", which is ultra high doses of things to stand you back up again, then you gradually reduce down to the doses your labs dictate. You'd have to email me directly.

roughly,
iron + vit C, alone together for at least 1 hour, either side. No caffeine, dairy, egg or whole grain, any other vites, minerals or meds. I prefer it NOT on empty, but it's fine with fruit.

Calcium (citrate) can be taken with your multi, dry forms of vites A, D, E, K, B complex, zinc and magnesium. Ideally you'll take some combination thereof 3-4 times per day.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active