Liquid diet

boilerbabe003
on 8/17/11 6:40 am
I am 6 days post surgery (RNY) and am having a lot of trouble finding things with any flavor that I can stand on the liquid diet.  Did anyone find any soups or soup recipes that made it easier for you?  I have never been a fan of shakes or milk, so the protein shakes are almost impossible for me to get down. Any assistance would be REALLY appreciated as I feel that at this point I am just trying to survive until the end of week 2 when I can move on to soft solids.  THANKS!!!
youjustwatchmechang
e

on 8/19/11 9:45 am - GA
have you tried making the shakes with water instead of milk?

if you like broth soups then maybe get some unflavored protien mix? i had some campbells tomato soup (strained) that was really good but i didn't put protien in it so i dunno how the texture would be changed. i'm 10 days out, we can do it :) 
Brenda C.
on 9/20/11 3:10 am
Hey Broiler,

What types of Meal Replacements are you using?  I use Chike - and I am ten months out & still use it at least once a day.  I have played around with peanut flour (Better N Butter works well if you don't have a bulk foods section to get peanut flour) & Chocolate Bliss Chike -- it is like drinking a peanut butter cup.  Chike has five flavors, and you can make half shakes -- 180 calories is a full shake - 28 grams of protein & 23 vitamins & minerals. 

Go to iLikeChike.com - they have a travel pack for $6.95 to get you started -- five FULL servings, all you are paying for is the shipping.  You can break them into TEN servings at your stage - not bad for less than $7!!!

I also post recipes besides shakes that I use Chike with - I even make Elvis Cookies!!!  Hang in there!!  Even at ten months out, I still do a LOT of meal replacement & protein drinks, just to make sure I get 100 grams a day of protein.

Brenda : )~
sandradavis
on 10/11/11 6:26 pm
I'd go with juices with no added sugar. Pure juice like Juicy Juice (I know it's for kids, but it's still healthy) Carrot juice is filling, but healthy. You could also try V8. And remember that on a liquid diet you can have the broth from soups.

Kamagra
Most Active