Post Op - Carbohydrate Intake?

Tres
on 10/6/11 1:03 am
I started my journey at 387lbs, went through all that I needed to, had my surgery (RNY) and got down to 255 at one point...I'm unique in that I can eat ANYTHING...so I did!  I'm weighing in at 287 again :(
SO...back to the appropriate diet.
I've cut out all of my soda again.
I'm drinking WAY more water, like at least 2 1-Liter bottles a day.
And I've started drinking my protein shake in the morning again.

I'm still eating too much - so I'm going to try to control that...sooooo when I felt like eating this morning, I got on here! 

Here's what I can't find...

I know what Protein, and water I need...but where should I have my Carb's at?  I have a Nutrisystem meal sitting in front of me, it's 7.5 oz.  11g Protein, 4g Fat & 21 g Carb's...that seems like ALOT!
HELP!
DallasBBWmom
on 10/6/11 9:42 pm - TX

My doctor has me on 1000-1200 calories, no less than 100 grams of protein and no more than 50-60 carbs a day.

I can divide it out howevver I want to but I must get at least 30 grams of protein and no more than 5 carbs for breakfast. That is really hard but doable!

Get back on track, start counting calories and get moving! The excess will come back off and you will continue on your journey to goal! Good luck!

sandradavis
on 10/11/11 6:23 pm
Exercise is just as vital as diet when it comes to losing weight. There's lots of splendid instruction for exercise on the web resource in the box below. I lost 8 pounds by doing as they advised.
Hope I helped!! :)
Linda B.
on 10/11/11 11:24 pm
It's kind of crazy but try the 5 day pouch test. It cuts way down on carbs. It will help you stop craving carbs. In the worst form they are the foods that don't make us feel full ever and they are stored as fat just like before surgery. You are still the same person, I struggle too, but getting off the carbs gets me back on track before I make too much damage for myself. Good Luck.

M J
on 10/13/11 6:31 am - Jackson, MS
Hello what is the 5 day pouch?
Linda B.
on 10/13/11 9:19 pm
http://www.livingafterwls.com/    this site will give you all the information you will need to see if you want to try the 5 day pouch test. It will help you feel the restriction you may not be feeling if you've been eating out of control with carbs and all those slider foods.

M J
on 10/15/11 10:35 pm - Jackson, MS
Thank you!!
Most Active