Whey Protein Powder and recipes

michelle-y
on 10/31/11 10:48 pm - Canada
Hi everyone,

I'm on the pureed stage of my diet and my dietician recommended whey protein powder to suppliment to ensure I get my protein in a day. I tried it in my oatmeal and my frozen yogurt and wow, I just can't get it down. At first I thought it was the flavor but I now think its the texture. Any ideas??? Can I put it into a low sugar baked good or something in order to mask the texture?

Michelle......

"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
              - Winnie the Pooh

rhidunn
on 11/2/11 4:24 am - Annapolis, MD
I mix vanilla protein powder in with some ice, skim milk and 2 shots of espresso -- breakfast a go-go!  Of course, you could use decaf if you aren't looking to caffinate.

I also mix it with kefir, ice, frozen or fresh fruit, for a yummy smoothie/milkshake!

there are a number of different varieties and some do taste/feel better than others -- most of the online retailers do sample packs so you can try flavors before you commit -- www.vitalady.com, www.bariatricadvantage.com are a few. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/3/11 2:28 am

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Lori O.
on 11/9/11 10:27 pm - NC
 Thank you so much for posting these blogs!  I had subsribed to The World According to Eggface several weeks ago . . . . . but had never heard of Bariatric Foodie.  He had some great recipes including a bean "soup" that I am so going to try Saturday when I get to start pureed foods!  Yippeee!!!!!
 Lori O.

michelle-y
on 11/3/11 3:47 am - Canada
thanks again, I'll try any and everything :)

Michelle......

"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
              - Winnie the Pooh

lizzianne_2000
on 11/6/11 11:22 am
Hi - I am very new to this website. - I used the Slimfast - high protein shakes for my first routines of diets.  I am just now new to the whey protein since I am having a hard time getting in my full 70 grams.
Most Active