mentor needed

dawn4511
on 2/26/12 4:08 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Hello
I will be 5yrs out from surgery this year. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who got off track after there surgery but then got managed to get back on track after so many years out. I've been trying weigh****chers but have been gaining and losing 2lbs for 6 weeks now. Ive been measuring and tracking my food.

I got pregnant after 10yrs of fertility and let myself eat everything so I'm back to my surgery weight. I regained every pound. Pretty depressed about it. Revision isnt an option at this time because I can't afford it and OHIP is a long wait/fight. I still dump on sugar especially ice cream and sweet drinks. However I do drink alot of diet pop and eat crap.

Before I got prego I went back to my surgery center and they did a exray swallow test and found out my pouch empties right away and that discourged me even farther. I felt like there was no hope. So I gave up.

When I was close to my goal I couldn't see that I had lost any weight and since I wasn't at goal I sabotage myself. In the 4yrs I have done alot of maturing and realized I wasn't ready when I had surgery and had no idea what an opportunity I was getting. I wasted it.

Now I need a mentor who has lost regained weight. Is there anyone out there???? Please help if so.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

poet_kelly
on 3/1/12 12:23 pm - OH
I'm a little over three years out and have only experienced a small regain (so far), but I just wanted to invite you to come over the RNY board if you like.  We'll be happy to support you as you work to lose this weight.  I'm sure it must be very frustrating.  Why did they think your pouch is emptying right away?  Has the stoma stretched or what?  What did they suggest you do?  And is it emptying right away even if you eat dense protein?  And your'e not drinking with your meals, right?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/19/12 2:24 am
We have Back on Track Together group.
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/discuss ion/

There are some people *****gained and got the weight off again.  There is a lot of us who try to maintain or lose the regain.

I gained some weight back, some I am happy about, the rest - I was not.  I lost 10 out of the "gained back" lbs, but the rest - 5-10 lbs - I am not even sure if I want to lose it or not.   And at thins point - my "extra" is not enough to make me try to work extra hard to lose it.  
But I do follow a rather very strict  diet to avoid any future  gain and RH (reactive hypoglycemia),.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active