PCP Supervised Weight Management Diet?

lobr84
on 2/16/14 1:53 am

I have Cigna and they require 3 months of PCP supervised diet and next week I am going for my first month weight in (one month down and two more to go), but I am thinking I am 2 pounds more than when I started. I think it is because I am getting on my period and because I have been very constipated in the past couple of weeks, but who knows and the insurance doesn't care anyway. But my question is about what kind of diet did your PCP put you on? Was there a diet? What did he/she tell you about changing of habits? I was expecting she would talk about nutrition or give me some sort of guidance but all she said was to eat 3 times a day, exercise at least 30 mins 3 times a week, and to carry small snacks with me since I am always on the go and I don't end up eating out or late. What was your experience with your PCP in your first appointment? Because I felt like a deer in a headlight- no guidance, no direction, no nothing.

elisenacole_1rules
on 2/24/14 12:56 am

I had Aetna, then my company decided to change to cigna during open enrollment last fall, so I had to change my plans due to insurance requirments. I can say I sort of got the same feeling, and I did feel that they didn't give me any info I didn't ask about...so don't be shy-its YOUR DOLLAR you are spending to pay your copay, deductible, office visits, etc. I suggest you look at it from the standpoint that THEY are working for YOU... I guarantee that's when I started getting more out of my visits... and it's fine that you fluctuate during the visits, I had the exact same issues with bloating etc, but if you know after your 3rd visit that you are still up, start swapping 2 meals a day for a protein shake and drink more water or unsweet tea(stevia and splenda are friends of mine!) and you will drop back down so you will be covered if nothing else... I was gaining weight when going to the gym frequently as well, bc I was lifting weights, so honestly I stopped going as much and when I did,i just did cardio. hope something of this was helpful to you! :-)

elise

Tony K.
on 2/26/14 12:54 pm - WA
RNY on 06/24/14

Im halfway through my 6 months medically supervised weigh loss program.  I gained a little weight the first two months and this didn't seem to be a problem.  There was one month that I was on vacation and didn't track my food or exercise and the nutritionist told me that insurance might deny the insurance if I dont track my food.

As far as I can tell, the amount of weight lost is not as important as documenting that you are setting goals for calorie intake and exercise and tracking your food and exercise.  

Hope this helps and best of luck to you.

Tony

Most Active