cheating on pre-op liquid diet

mysocal_life
on 4/5/14 2:24 pm

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday (YAY!) but I am finding it so difficult to follow liquid diet. I feel like it's my last time getting to eat real food. I will have one shake and one real meal or just one meal per day so I am staying under 1000 calories. I have lost about 10 lbs in 1 1/2 weeks but am stressing myself out-which makes me want to eat! Am I really screwing things up..? I did great for first week.

durbina8187
on 4/26/14 11:57 am

I'm On Pre OP Diet Day Six Of Fourteen And I'm having Trouble Getting 800 Calories In With The Shakes... I Desperately Want Cottage CHeeSe... Would It Be Bad To Have Cottage Cheese?

Bmspc
on 5/9/14 12:44 pm

I am freaking out too. I start my preop liquid diet Sunday.  Tomorrow. So scared I'll cheat. Can't find an acceptable tasting liquid drink with low carbs. Help. Any suggestions??? I hate fake milky things. Help!!

durbina8187
on 5/9/14 12:59 pm

I had a physician's protein shakes and the only two I liked were vanilla and chocolate and I had to blend them with ice in the blender. everyday I literally was 300 400 calories below what I was supposed to have. I am 5 days post op and right now I am just having issues with bowel movements. I would say as long as you stick to your diet 90 percent of the time you will be absolutely fine I had no complicationS in my surgery It went great  and I snuck cottage cheese some vegetable soup and carrots and cucumbers. no worries you'll be Good.

Most Active