Need help 3 years out!! weight gain!!

DebbieLegare
on 4/22/14 12:34 am - Glen Burnie, MD

I am three years out and originally lost 165 pounds and was 175. I maintained that for a long time but in the last 6 months I have been hungrier and have gained 20 pounds back. I am so disappointed. I do know that I have been bad with soda having one  a day and craving chocolate but it never bothered me before but now it seems I look at food and Im gaining.

I asked my NUT to give me nutritional expectations and she will for 250 dollars. She did say that I should be eating 80- grams of protein at this stage. but wont tell me the breakdowns of carbs and calories or fats. Does anyone here have a breakdown of what is need to maintain and lose at 3 years out.

I have decided to taday to do all shakes like on the 5 day pouch test. I made a doc appt for next Friday but am embarrassed from my gain.

Any help would be great  Thanks

Debbie Legare

Glen Burnie MD

Kimberly C.
on 4/25/14 12:01 pm - Dearborn Heights, MI

Hi Debbie,

Good luck to you!  I've had your struggle.  It's recommended to eat your protein first, then your carbs and fats.  Try to cut out the bad carbs!  Drink your water, yada, yada!  Easier said then done!

Kim

Kim

Skinny Fiber is helping me get back on track!  It has stopped my cravings to snack and is helping me to burn off the fat. Now I am back to protien and water!   http://Kim061865.SBCSpecial.com/  Join me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/kimberly.byrumcole

MyBariatricLife
on 6/16/14 12:16 am

I interviewed a registered bariatric dietician from Montefiore recently. We discussed in depth how to Keep the Weight Off for Life! I hope you find the information helpful. Good luck to you!!!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

toodirect4u
on 10/3/14 9:12 am

I am 9 yrs post op..Have gained 30 lbs in the past 4 yrs..I have done this all myself..The cravings, the caffeine, the carbonation (energy drinks), drinking while eating..I eat pretty much anything, and have forgotten to pay attention to the I AM FULL signs..Has going back to basic post op diet helped you?..I mean RNY is still the same nothing has changed other than maybe our pouches being a bit bigger..I dont want a quick fix but is it possible to lose again?..Curious about this matter since I'm not alone in this.. :-)

Most Active