Advice for affordable meal plans that include protein

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/15 11:53 pm

thank you for that  info and you have do an amazing job. Props to you for working your  program. anything you would  do differently right out of hospital for the first 2 wks

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/25/15 12:02 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Thank you.

There are only three things I would do differently in the two weeks after surgery (with the hindsight that I have now...) -- 

1.  I only had ten days off after surgery before I went back to work on my feet.  I teach at a university -- and while I did it and was okay -- I think that an extra week off would have been beneficial.  I was pretty tired.

2.  I wouldn't have bought a bunch of stuff before surgery.  My tastes kind of changed for a few weeks after surgery and it was really a waste to stock up on a bunch of protein drinks, etc.  I should have waited and only bought a few.  

3.  I would have worried less.  I was really afraid before surgery and afterwards I kept worrying that this would fail like so many attempts before.  It's such a wonderful experience, and I wasted some of that wonder by worrying too much.  

When is your surgery?  I wish you only success and happiness.  You've a lot to look forward to.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/15 12:38 am

aww thank you so much, its Feb. 12th I'm in NJ. Only told my sis and myhusband doesn't know the particulars bc he would object having had a failed band on for 7 yrs, lots of throwing up and only lost 20 lbs. It was removed last year this time and I have regained the 20 plus 10. Not happy about that, did WW, work out like a nut, really sometimes they ask me to leave the gym and still no lose, might be my depression meds. only want to be healthy, my meds to work properly and a happier life. Thanks so much for your comments.

Modest_Phoenix
on 2/1/15 2:52 am, edited 2/1/15 3:00 am

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

aj167
on 2/15/15 11:38 am

I tried the isoprotein and the after taste is horrible. I found that that I like the nectar protein and it comes in clear and full. I recommend the grape and the fuzzy navel for the clear liquid phase.

Good luck to you!

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/15 10:29 pm

thank you

Most Active