PROTEIN POWDER

80sBaby90sKid
on 2/19/15 5:01 am

I AM NEW TO WLS AND I AM JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW WHAT TYPE OF POWDER PROTEIN POWDER DO YOU USE ? AND HOW WELL DOES IT WORK FOR YOU ? I AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT WOULD HELP INCREASE MY METABOLISM HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS MUSCLE TONE AND SUPPRESSING MY APPETITE IS THERE SUCH A POWDER ? IF SO WHAT IS IT AND WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO FIND IT ?

ccd1289
on 2/19/15 12:52 pm

I use ON whey protein. Low sugar, low carb, high protein, and not a ton of calories. A great brand as well. You have to exercise and get after it to lose a little weight. Eat lean every 3-4 hours to keep metabolism up! Cheers

Choosing a very healthy lifestyle for longevity and feeling good! Check the work in progress out at www.gymstuff.com for Workout Clothes, Yoga Pants, Best Gym Bags, and Home Gym Equipment! Cheers and here's to everyone's health and fitness! Hopefully I can contribute.

Susan_Rae_62
on 2/21/15 9:01 am
RNY on 02/09/15

I would also like to know this.  What are the best tasting powders/shakes?  I am post op and still on liquids/pulverized and I'm having difficulty getting enough protein in my diet.  Tried a couple.  Hated them.  

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/15 9:18 am - Alvarado , TX

I've tried several protein drinks so far my favorite is EAS Myoplex chocolate fudge. It's 17oz and has 42 grams of protein. I drink it throughout the day and log everything in the myfitnesspal app to keep track of my protein and calorie intake. I also like GNC's total lean protein bars and just tried their advanced protein bars which are good also. Weird texture but taste great. 

singdoremi
on 2/22/15 1:18 am - NJ

My favorites are the Premier ready to drink proteins in chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry. I keep them refrigerated and put them in the blender with a tray of either coffee cubes, ice cubes frozen with Torani SF syrup, or frozen fruit. Delicious.

My second favorite is the Matrix Peanut Butter Cookie protein powder mixed with either skim milk or unsweetened almond milk and a tray of ice cubes or frozen banana.

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

Most Active