Calories Consumed and Ratio of Protein/Carbs/Fat?

shelly1066
on 3/26/15 10:14 pm

Good Morning! I am 6 years post surgery and weight loss has come to a complete hault. Im courious what is everyones ratio of Protein, Carbs and Fat? My doc has me at 50% Carbs (175g), 20% Protein (70g) and 30% Fat (47g) and I feel thats way to may carbs and why im not losing any weight?

sunflower74
on 3/27/15 1:36 am - Salem, NJ
VSG on 03/09/09 with

I am 6 years post op too!  I does sound like a lot of carbs but I am no expert so I am not sure. 

Out of curiosity, have you been given a calorie limit? 

I use a calorie counting app daily and aim to stay below the recommended daily allowance. It is generally pretty easy when I am super careful to watch calories, not just carbs.  I had to start over with the 5 day pouch test this month when I had one of those moments where my fat clothes are back in my wardrobe and are getting tight.  Happy to say that I have lost 17lbs this month.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/27/15 6:33 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

My plan has me getting a minimum of 80g of protein, preferably from dense protein, then carbs from veggies first, then fruit. They don't have me counting calories, carbs, etc. I track them, but use it more as a guideline. So calories are between 700 & 1000, 60g or less of carbs, I don't count fat. I readjust the numbers as I work my way down. I use the my fitness pal app.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

MyLastDitchEffort
on 4/13/15 11:11 am

hi sorry if this sounds like a dumb question Im new to this stuff but are you eating 700-1000 calories for the rest of your life now?
Im looking through these forums trying to come up with my own diet plan for weight loss, without surgery and im just so confused by conflicting information on the internet about what is and isnt normal or healthy for our bodies.

I tried following the fitday.com guidelines to lose weight, it told me I could eat 2000 calories and lose weight but in 3 months I didnt lol so I started eating the optifast diet plan of 9000 calories (only I make my own shake) and the weight is coming off now.

Im just not sure I can be happy doing this 'for the rest of my life' lol

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/13/15 11:25 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Yikes!, is that a typo? 9000 calories a day? My range is between 700 & 1000 because I'm still in weight loss mode. I figure once I reach my goal weight & am in maintenance then I'll up my numbers by like a hundred calories each day & see where I land to where I don't lose, but I don't gain either. Some posters are very happy at 1200, or 1400 etc, but they had to play around with the numbers till they found what worked for them. Just remember those numbers are based off of people who've had wls.

There are no dumb questions here, so ask away! There is a non surgical weight loss forum for those not seeking wls. I'm not sure how active it is, some forums here, you can hear crickets & watch the tumbleweeds roll by. lol

Good luck in your weight loss journey & Welcome to the forum!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

MyLastDitchEffort
on 4/13/15 12:00 pm

hahahaha omg yes a typo I meant 900!!
ahahahahahaha omg how could someone even eat 9000 calories, Im laughing so hard right now.

chulbert
on 4/16/15 7:50 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

Carbohydrates do not inherently prevent you from losing weight -- excess calories do.  It doesn't matter if those extra calories come from carbohydrates, fat, or protein.  If you want to lose weight you have to eat fewer calories than you burn.

While I don't plan my diet around these numbers, I eat around 70/20/10 carbs/protein/fat.

White Dove
on 4/16/15 8:22 am, edited 4/16/15 8:22 am - Warren, OH

Chulbert gave you the answer.  It is about calories.  Figure roughly 10 calories a day for each pound that you want to maintain.  Then subtract 500 calories from that number each day and you will lose a pound at the end of one week.  I maintain 136 pounds at 1400 calories and lose a pound a week at 900 calories.

It does not matter whether it is protein, carbs, fat, or fiber for weight loss as long as the calories are in range.  You will be healthier if you do less sugars and less refined carbs.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active