3 years post-op, 120 lb total loss with 15 lb regain in last year-how do I get rid of regain?

LawyerMom3
on 3/23/15 11:02 am - Huntley, IL

i started at 243 in December 2011 and got down to 125 at my lowest (March 2013).  I am at 139.6 and eat about 1200 calories and exercise 2-3 times per week but can't seem to lose any weight.   Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong or how to kick start weight loss again. 

queenbee37
on 3/24/15 11:37 am - Miami, FL

What are you eating? You may need to do a 2 week back to basics where you eat no whites (no bread, no sugar, no flour, no rice, no mayo, no potato, no salt, etc) Eat mostly meat and non-starchy vegetables. This will kick start your weightloss. Then the third week add beans, fourth week fruit, fifth add nuts and seeds. Drink plenty of water (half your body weight in ounces). Exercise at least 30 mins 5 days a week interchanging cardio and strength training.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

shelly1066
on 3/26/15 11:32 pm

im in the SAME boat but im 6 years out and have gained about 12lbs this year. 

Im eating around 1200 calories and exercising 5-6 times a week and just had my yearly blood work and it showed that my body was/IS in starvation mode!! With the calories I burn by exercising puts me around 800 calories a day which has caused my weight gain. Im now eating 1400 calories and had to back off exercising and soon as I lose a pound thats when ill know im out of starvation mode. In the meantime i GAINED another 3 because my body is holding on to ANYTHING that I eat. :-(

cthompson580
on 6/20/15 5:27 am
VSG on 06/14/12

I am 3 years post op vsg. I had a baby 7 months ago. My lowest weight was 153. I gained about 35 lbs in pregnancy. I really started working on what I was eating at about 168lbs. I am now down to 162. I use my fitness pal and log everything I eat and stay at 1200 calories and exercise on elliptical for 30 min 5 days a week. I am stuck as well. I can't seem to get below 162. It may drop to 160 but the next day will be back to 162. I have been feeling like I'm starving as well. I have no problem getting in the amount of protein I should without shakes but I'm considering going back to shakes to see if that would help. I'm also wondering if my metabolism could be damaged due to such low calories for a long period of time after surgery. 

Leaky Sleeve Survivor!! 

Most Active