Food on the go ideas

Techac
on 7/21/15 12:51 pm
with

First time posting. Had sleeve done 6/12/15 dropped 40 lbs and gained a few lbs of muscle. Been hitting gym with no issues. I can actually run now. Starting work on Thursday. Job is partial office and partial hvac field work. I have no idea what to bring for lunch and snacks. Being home since surgery things were easy. Any ideas for someone who doesn't have access to a kitchen or microwave? All I can thjnk of is tuna and sardines.lol

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/21/15 2:38 pm

RTD protein shakes. 

cheese sticks - or baby bell cheese

any food - get a small lunch cooler.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

rhon1017
on 7/23/15 7:58 am - Gastonia, NC

deli meats if you can use a small cooler.  Beef jerky.

VSG on 04-08-15, Weight Day of Surgery 219, M1-15 lbs, M2-17 lbs, M3-10 lbs; M4-6

E_Saenz
on 7/23/15 9:27 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Tuna deli meat protine bars protine water pre made protine shake cheese

Elia Maria Saenz

MaronitaMay
on 7/27/15 2:24 am, edited 7/27/15 2:25 am

You definitely need a small to medium size cooler.  I would suggest Greek Yogurt (they even have light now).  On the go, I sometimes eat nuts (just be sure not to eat too many).  I'm able to eat Reduced Fat Crackers (I have Ritz) and have cheese with it.  (Cabot block cheese; extra sharp light, 75% less fat)  Of course you could carry uncooked carrots, broccoli, and celery and use a light salad dress as a dip.  I'd also recommend carrying water with you and drink mixes Fruit Punch that you mix in the water for flavor. They are sugar-free and only have 5 calories.  My surgeon highly recommends them especially in place of soda.

DanaDenise
on 8/1/15 8:55 pm

I do see a lot of people eat nuts, but that was on my "foods to avoid" list.  Aren't they hard to digest?  Not really questioning your advice, just trying to seek understanding!

Nancy
on 7/27/15 1:51 pm - Kasson, MN

Nuts, peanut butter, cheese sticks, boiled eggs, canned chicken.

Most Active