Eating carbs better than eating fats for weigh****chers: NIH study

alicespeaks
on 8/20/15 12:17 am, edited 8/20/15 12:22 am

In a shootout between dietary fats and carbs, to find out which is better for cutting body fat, dietary fats wins hands down. To be more specific, a research study proves that when obese adults cut down the intake of dietary fat it led to 68 percent higher reduction of body fat than when they cut down the same number of carbohydrate calories.

(deactivated member)
on 8/20/15 10:36 pm

The result of this study refutes the prevailing theory – for a body to lose fat it requires a decrease in insulin production and a release of stored fat from fat tissue, thus increasing the burning of body fat.

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/15 12:37 pm

used t o a certain high after eating . 

5 years post op I STILL overeat .  I try to make necessary lifestyle changes that will lead to greater happiness/ less pressure to find comfort in excess bites ... and I find myself eating when i'm not hungry ..But because i'm overeating  fat free carbs ... I dont end up wearing the evidence .

I feel so sorry for posters on here *****gained huge amounts of weight ... I'm sure it had a lot to do with overeating FAT .  Its just not possible to eat that many extra calories of complex carbs .. even a whole potful of rice is way less fattening than a bucket of fried chicken ... ice cream is a far more fattening slider food than ice milk .  We eat more fat here in America ( per capita overall and as a far higher percentage of the total calories we ingest ) than almost anywhere in the world... and we are an incredibly overweight population.  Yet we argue endlessly with the OBVIOUS telling ourselves eating oils and butter and real cream is going to help us lose weight   

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/15 12:43 pm

The darn "spelling corrector "  erased the first part .. sorry .  This is a very interesting study , thanks .   It bears out my personal experience post op which is that I can get away with overeating a certain amount of fat free carbs but rarely  excess fats .

I wonder if some of the justification for refusing to put down the   fat on here comes from posters being used a certain "  high"after eating which is made exponentially more powerful by adding extra fats .

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/15 5:07 am - nyork, AK

The best way to lose weight is eating healthy diet and avoiding all kinds of unhealthy, junk and processed foods. I suffered from belly fat especially from love handles in last few years but fortunately I was able to get rid of it effectively with some simple tips.

The best way to lose those love handles is to go on a diet that will shed pounds from your entire body. By diet, we mean a permanent eating regimen that stresses healthy foods – and not an over-abundance of them. There are plenty of diet books out there that will tell you how to balance your intake of protein, complex carbohydrates, fat, and fiber. 

Any fat-burning aerobic workout is what you need, though you may also want to tone and firm that area where the handles are attached while you’re losing fat. Exercising the abs is good for that, but the best exercises for it are side bends and torso twists. 

Exercises for Love Handles 

Side Bends: 
Stand straight with your knees slightly bent and your feet apart, then slowly lower the trunk a few inches to the left side then back up, and do the same thing again to the right side. Repeat until you’re sick and tired of doing them. Don’t bend forward or backward while you’re doing these as it would be bad for the spine. 

Torso Twists: 
While standing firmly with your feet a shoulder’s width apart, twist your torso slowly to the left side then to the right while at the same time keeping your hips straight and even. Again, there should be no bending. Don’t overdo it; twisting too far makes it easy to pull a muscle. 

So If you're wondering how to get rid of love handles , just make your diet healthy and do regular exercise. 

Most Active