HELP! Most convenient way to get required supplements/vitamins

k__
on 8/20/15 9:45 pm - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15

Hey everyone!

I was just revised to a DS, and am getting a little dizzy trying to figure out how to configure the vitamins and supplements I need. I'd like to use patches as much as possible, or chewables, to cut down on the number of pills, as I already have a fair number of other daily meds I take.

Here's the breakdown of what Mexicali Bariatric is specifying:

Multi-vitamin: 2 per day (I'm going to email and ask what the vitamin/mineral composition they're assuming; it's not specified)

Zinc lozenge gel caps: 50 mg every 3rd day

Iron liquid/shots (fasting): 100mg oral daily; 100mg intramuscular 1x/month

Calcium citrate: 1200 mg 2x day

Vit D: 2000IU daily, or 500,000IU weekly

Vit A: 10,000IU daily

Vit K: 200 mcg daily

Vit E: 250 IU daily

B complex sublingual: 1 per week, or 1 shot per month

Thanks for helping me sort this out! Also, where do you go for your shots? Are there any alternatives to your PCP?

k__
on 8/21/15 11:47 am - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15

Well, I just got off the phone with the MD owner of PatchMD, who was kind enough to return my call this morning. I ran down the list above, and he said he's seen great lab results from people in my position who use 1 of the Multivitamin patches, 1 of the Vit D patches and 1 of the B complex patches per day.

So, I'm going to order and try these and see what the lab results are over the next year.  I'll post again with results as I go along. Keeping my fingers crossed that this regimen will really live up to the claims - and logically, I believe it should. Time will tell, as with everything in this arena!

mariarturner
on 9/9/15 4:55 am

Why don’t you just switch to Vita4Life and be done with it? You can get everything you need in their Multi daily. :/ Check them out and see what you think?

Most Active