7 years out from RNY. Digestion worsening. Looking for a meal replacement shake or bar.

ballkc
on 3/9/16 4:40 pm

I have tried everything. Diet, supplements, herbs, accupuncture etc. I feel nauseated when I eat unless it is an apple and nutbutter. I have a very difficult time with carbs and avoid them (and all grains) to keep my blood sugars stable. 

My question is: If I were to just find a meal replacement shake or bar, what would be a nutritionally sound choice? I quit protein shakes years ago because they were so highly processed that my blood sugar would go bananas. I have recently tried Jay Rob's egg white protein and seem to do OK with that. 

Anyone else find that over the years they just can't seem to tolerate food?

Thanks everyone,

Karen

Maria27
on 3/23/16 9:30 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I am not years out, but I wanted to ask if you are sure you are drinking enough fluids. I know that eating makes me nauseated when I have not been drinking enough.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Kerri B.
on 3/24/16 8:01 am - Crawford, TN

So what are you eating now?  Are you still eating your protein?  Drinking your water?  You could be having gallbladder problems.  I tolerate foods pretty well most of the time...still dump to to many carbs and sugars but never any nausea.  Usually that is a sign of some kind of problem that needs to be addressed....maybe a visit to your surgeon is in order.

Kerri Bullock....Cookeville TN
Suppot Group Leader for Centennial 

JoAnn1208
on 4/7/16 6:18 pm

I like Pure Protein bars and Quest bars.

Actually....all of them

Any of them.

I only have trouble with too much sugar in any form....natural or added. It makes me pass out cold. Like....coma level sleeping.

But no nausea.

Most Active