What's expected months before my operation ?

Markpowell
on 4/10/16 6:10 am

Hi guys I'm on the last week of a six week milk diet, that I have followed, set by my team at luton. (4 pints ss milk, 2 bovril, 1 Ltr water, sugar free jelly a day )

I wasn't hungry at all, and I feel that I have lost quite a few pounds.

i have an appointment to see the surgeon and anesthetist in June, and an approximate operation date set for early October.

I'm due to see the dietician in two days time, and am wondering what sort of diet she will put me on now prior to my op in October ?

has anyone else been in this situation ? .

kind regards mark

jimbopd
on 4/10/16 7:41 am
VSG on 02/19/16 with

Each dietician and surgeon is different. I will say, you need to follow what ever plan they put you on to the T. The more prepared you are before the surgery, the more successful you will be after. Start TODAY!!

Start exercising, sipping water throughout the day, eating smaller meals more slowly and start breaking old habits. It does not have to be a gym, walk around the block. Get use to having a bottle of fluid with you all the time and start using smaller plates or blows.

I am 7 weeks out and one of the biggest huddles for me is portions. I need to see more food on my plate then I know I will eat and I eat to fast so I fill up to quickly and then I'm looking for something else an hour later.

Regardless of the type of surgery, this is a life time change of eating healthy and exercise.

Vibiana
on 4/10/16 7:42 am
VSG on 10/03/16

My clinic hasn't really given me a written down diet to follow. I'm doing something similar to the Atkins Diet which has worked for me in the past--high protein, low carb. My surgery will likely be in October too. 

peachynptc
on 10/10/16 1:42 pm - Fayetteville, GA

The dietitian I was required to see gave me awful advice, adverse to my surgeon's but I had to listen and do what they said. I was up and down with my weight before surgery, 6 months.  

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

Most Active