8 days post op

tdslf1
on 6/14/16 11:43 am - Joliet, IL

Tried to drink 3 different protein shakes and i got sick. I dont know how i am going to get my protein in? Is there a different way? 

Renny    
tdslf1
on 6/15/16 11:29 am - Joliet, IL

Let me repost another way. How many proteon shakes do I have to suffer through each day?

Renny    
NemaNema
on 6/15/16 1:41 pm

have you tried a different shake?  I had issues with really sweet shakes very early out, everything was too overpowering.  Unjury sells a chicken soup flavored protein that it a little easier.

Are you using powdered protein or a premixed one.  Before surgery I liked Premier Protein ready to drink, but couldn't handle it after surgery.

So far I like the taste of the Quest Protein powders.  you can get single serving packs at GNC to try out their different flavors.

Also, if you're mixing your own, try with Almond milk instead of milk because we can become lactose intolerant after surgery.

NemaNema

tdslf1
on 6/15/16 2:42 pm - Joliet, IL

I have changed the shakes from the ones i was taking before the surgery to the new ones after the surgery to a new one I bought today all used with skim milk. I still got very sick to the stomach to the point where i need to find something else non sweet. It seems to be related to sweetness. I had some chewable vitamins, made me sick, both sets and now the shakes, all sweet.  ugg.  Maybe it is sweet stuff my body cant tolerate anymore...?

Renny    
Deanna798
on 6/15/16 2:49 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

It's common that the sweet is too much after surgery,  it usually gets better. 

Also try lactose free milk like Fairlife. That may help,  too. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Sleeve_Mia
on 6/20/16 1:02 pm
VSG on 06/11/16

I would suggest adding unflavored protein to your other food.  I add protein to my water with a little lemonade sugarfree flavoring.  You can add unflavored protein to anything! 

Most Active