How long between meals

Boxerlover3452
on 6/23/16 11:56 am
RNY on 06/06/16

How long do most of you wait between meals.  My doctor's office wants me to have 4 meals/day, 1/2 cup per meal total.  I've been trying to wait 4 hours between meals.  Does that sound reasonable?  I'm 18 days post surgery.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/23/16 2:41 pm

3-4 hours between meals.. and push liquids in beweeen

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Boxerlover3452
on 6/24/16 3:36 pm
RNY on 06/06/16

Thank you.  that's about what I thought

Donna L.
on 6/26/16 2:16 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

18 days post op that is fine!  Let's you get all your drinking in that way, too. 

I actually do intermittent fasting (IF).  I fast 12 hours (from 12a - 12p).  I eat my first meal at or after noon, and don't eat after 12.  Though, it's really more like 16-18 hours since I don't eat past six.  I eat 3 small meals during that time.

I didn't do this close to post-op, of course.  For me, IF helps regulate my hunger much better than more frequent meals.  I also eat a more moderate protein/higher fat diet (low carb) which it works well with.  Paired with Harvey/teenystomach, it's helped me stay on track and reduce cravings a lot.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Ncmamamia
on 7/6/16 7:55 pm
VSG on 06/14/16

I had my Vsg 06-14-16. I eat about 3oz every 4 hours. I drink lots of water in between. Just had my post op appointment today. Doc says as long as it's 60-70grams protein, it doesn't matter but I'm doing just fine

travsis3890
on 7/8/16 2:27 am

Keep yourself hydrated and you will not feel famished every now and then.

Most Active