Sick to the stomach

tdslf1
on 7/21/16 12:49 pm - Joliet, IL

I have been sick to the stomach for 2 days now. Throwing food back up, burping just feeling terrible. Can't figure out what it is. Should I stop eating? I am 6 weeks out from my gastric and I tried pepto bus all and gas x. Help!!

Renny    
Laura in Texas
on 7/23/16 6:15 am

I'm not sure if you had WLS or not, but I would avoid Pepto-Bismol. It is a salicylate (NSAID).

I hope you are feeling better. 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/16 3:39 am

Hello! You should drink a lot of water as you may have some toxins. And if there is some infection you need to take the medicine which will help your organism to take it away. You can eat only boiled eggs and a toast,for example, some cereals with water only, without any fatty food, fruit and fried food.

steph_foodcoachme
on 7/28/16 9:36 am

I hope you are feeling better!!! Yes - when your stomach is that irritated I would hold off on foods and just drink hydrating fluids (water, herbal tea, PowerAde Zero) and protein shakes as needed just to give your stomach time to rest. I would also put a call in to your dietitian or nurse to review medications or if it was something you ate. It's a great idea to keep a little food diary so you can try and identify what it was! Keep your bites teenie tiny and eat slowly. Those two things can often lead to upset stomach.

But I hope you're feeling better since you wrote this!

juono
on 9/21/16 1:40 am

I think you must consult a good doctor asap.

Tell me what you usually eat during morning, noon and night

Most Active