Protein

sunshinedaze
on 5/27/17 2:04 pm - Franklin, PA

I'm doing the 'back on track'. I'll be 9 yrs out in August. I let my eating get out of control. So... question is has anyone tried syntax matrix whey protein (peanut butter cookie)

what about the protein from GNC? I've been doing Muscle milk and total lean lean shake.

im kinda starting all over and I'm sure in the past 9 yrs there had to be some awesome protein powders.

~Trobyann~
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Cathy H.
on 5/28/17 9:15 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Honestly, sunshine, you'll get more answers if you post this in the RNY group

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/17 11:15 pm

I agree with you Kathy.

Neurosciencefreak
on 6/5/17 9:22 am

Personally, I buy my protein in bulk whey or casein specific. Usually 25lbs. I flavor with various things from the Crush's Pineapple Coconut to those little Mio mixes. I even buy my extracts and sweeteners in bulk.

As for recipes, an example would be if I need a cream, I use the lowest fat cream cheese or Greek Yogurt (tip: Sam's or Costco's has a great product with good macro profile) with some casein. I try to make it a protein mix with as little fat/carb profile with high protein content. It pretty much replaced my milk products, since you can also MPI protein in bulk or beef up your own milk.

weight_loss_queen
on 6/22/17 3:11 pm

The taste is ok but on the sweet side. The texture is good and it mixes easily. I may try adding PB2 (powdered peanut butter) to cut down on the sweetness. It does actually taste like peanut butter cookie dough. The price is lower per ounce than a lot of powders. Overall I'd recommend it.

HazelNuts
on 8/12/17 12:06 pm

For me taking protein supplements are not ok.. it would be best to take it from fresh foods and another natural way. like weight loss queen said Walnut is a good source of protein.

Most Active