Im afraid im overeating

jennylynn353
on 8/4/17 1:10 pm
RNY on 06/22/17

Hi everyone I just had surgery on June 22 and so far I've done well losing weight however I feel like I am able to eat more than what I should. For example today for lunch I ate 1 piece of toast with 1 egg. That just seems like a lot of food for this soon after surgery. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance

bbrantner06
on 8/9/17 3:22 pm
RNY on 05/24/17

Hi Jennylynn353,

I had my surgery on May 24, 2017. I'm having the same problem with overeating. I try hard to use a food scale but I'm not always home when I eat. I was told that we would be eating about 2.0 ounces of food for about the first 3 months. Many people have increased it to 4.0 ounces afterwards. We should break up our meals to about 6 a day and then bring it down to 3 a day without snacks in at 3 months out. Currently I try to weigh out 2.5 to 3.0 ounces for each of my 3 meals but I can eat more than that. I do try to use a Bariatric timer try to make sure I divide my bites out for 30 mins. The important this is eating enough quality protein in small amounts to reach your protein goal. Also, if you're still worried about over eating or not being full quickly, I'd contact you surgeon to ensure you're still on the right track. : ) -bbrantner06

Most Active