Soy Vs Whey protein

Phia
on 2/6/05 11:21 am - Ypsilanti, MI
Is there an advantage of taking whey protein versus soy protein? Should I be taking the soy/whey protein? Also, the salesperson at the health food store suggested that I take a supplement called Bromelain with my protein, he said that it aids in the digestion of proteins; is this necessasry. Will the protein make me constipated? I bought the GNC 100% whey protein, the reviews seem okay, I bought a 6# jug. Should I have bought a smaller jug, it might taste different after my surgery, is that right? Thanks --Phia
TheresaC
on 3/3/05 11:02 pm - Me
This is my understanding of the things you are asking. Soy is as good as whey, many use it because of the lactose factor, but if you get a whey isolate there might not be a problem with lactose anyway. Even with whey concentrate you might not have a problem but many do. The Bromelain seems non sense really, I would not bother with it. Constipation can be a factor with WLS, when I had it for MONTHS I used Benefiber which solved the problem. By the time I was about 8 months out the problem was gone. I use Unjury, it was and still is the only protein I like. I tried them all at GNC and found them icky. If you want to try unjury you can get samples at their site. www.unjury.com Hope I helped you some. Theresa
Most Active