protein or vitamin deficient?

cupdike
on 4/26/05 10:27 am - BATTLE MOUNTAIN, NV
I am 7 mos. post op and am down 120 lbs. I have never had a blood work up. I have no energy at all and am getting weaker all the time. Are there symptoms to know if I am deficient? I have never had anyone talk to me about protein powders or anything else and so I have never taken supplements. How do I know if I am deficient and how much should I be taking?
Barb McGraw
on 4/27/05 12:28 am - Mount Hermon, CA
Lap Band on 05/18/05 with
Wow - you need am massive tune up. You should be taking a full chewable multivitam for adults, calcium citrate 3X a day, B12 shots 2x a month or subligual tablet 3X a week, iron ferrous. Plus 60 grams of protein a day. You also need CoQ12 and antioxidents. Get a blood count ASAP adn tehy will tell you what you are defecient in. You need educational support - as well as at least 60 grams of proteim a day. Best wishes.
Sherri M.
on 6/24/05 5:19 am - Seattle, WA
You REALLY need to get your labs done immediately. I worked for my surgeon for 3 years as office manager and the tests that he required every 4 months were CMP, CBC, IRON TOTAL, VITAMIN B12/FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN B1, VITAMIN A, VITAMIN D 25-HYDROXY, ZINC, FERRITIN, PARATHYROID INTAKE, T3 TOTAL, T4 TOTAL AND TSH. Those were just the standard ones. See if your PCP will check all of those. You should also get on protein and vitamins right away. But PLEASE take the signs that you are experiencing, fatigue and weakness, very serious!
Most Active