10 Weeks Out - Food Frightened

CaroleUllo
on 2/28/06 1:46 am - Quartz Hill, CA
I have had a couple of dumping incidents and now afraid to try any new "solid" foods. Plus I became latose intolerent suddendly in my 4th week. How do you try new foods? I've been eating chicken, green beans & carrots 3 times a day. How does someone get over this fear?
Musicmama88
on 3/1/06 2:21 pm - Danville, IN
What exactly do you ean by "dumping"? Did you actually have the dumping experience that lasted for hours,,the stomach cramps, sweating, heart palpitations, diareaha? Or did you just have to throw up from not being able to tolerate it. There is a difference. If you actually dumped,,,then I would definatley talk to my doctor. But if you just couldnt tolerate it and it came back up and left you queasy for awhile,,then wait and try it later. This journey is one step at a time,,trial and error. I am almost 6 months out and just now can tolerate salad,,it made me throw up everytime I tried it. but I would wait a while and then try it again> Your tolerances will change from day to day. If you keep eatiing the same food constantly, your body will rebel by not losiing and you will stall. You gotta shake things up with different food. My doctor told me to try one new food per day, so if I had a reaction, I would know what caused it. Good luck!! Betsy 322 233 150
littlemama
on 3/1/06 10:22 pm - Albertville, AL
Hi, I had the same experience, I am still Lactose Intolerant and it has been a year, not having dairy is no problem for me, that was part of why I gained weight in the first place, I loved ICE CREAM now I do okay with alittle of the liquid creamers but only if it is all I have. There are non-dairy, sugar-free powder creamers for your coffee. As far as the other goes, just be patient and try one thing at a time as you must know, this is just one step at a time and be smart about it we have to eat smart that is the whole idea, grilled, baked, (not fried) veggies, fruit. You can do this, talk with other members, go to the cooking/recipe message board, everyone on this site are helpful, and encouraging. If I can be of any help, please let me know. God bless you, Christina Dodd
marianneblues
on 3/2/06 5:59 am - Palm Harbor, FL
I know what you mean. I am food frightened too. I have not experienced the dumping syndrome but I do throw up quite a bit. I'm 9 weeks out and eat cream soups, yogurt, yogurt smoothies, cheese, shrimp - these are things that don't bother me but I have had problems with tuna and chicken - maybe I am eating them too fast or eating too much - I still use a protein powder mixed with Silk soy milk to make sure I get my 50 grams of protein in and I am taking all my liquid vitamin supplements. I am [email protected]
Most Active