CelticRavens’s Posts

CelticRavens
on 1/19/17 8:56 am
Topic: RE: Baby food?

It's been 22 years since I shopped for baby food & found it's expensive now, so I only picked up a couple of jars, but the prices were a factor for me.

Instead I made up tuna salad, subbing plain Greek yogurt for mayo, dropped it in the blender on frappe til it was the consistency of baby food; very high protein & the flavor I missed. Then I portioned it out into square 4oz Ziploc containers I'd picked up from the store. I also pureed yams, & beef veggie soup to store this way. They stack well taking up little room in my fridge & the portion size is right. Easy to grab & go.

CJ 55 6'1 HW 415 SW 349 CW 263

Surgeon's goal - 245lbs My goal - 215 -195lbs

CelticRavens
on 1/19/17 8:25 am
Topic: RE: Superfood Veggie Cakes

Couldn't find these listed in the products to review so I'm posting their info here.

Picked a package of these up at Costco 2 weeks ago to try. I really like the flavor, reminds me of spring rolls without the wrappers. The texture is soft & easy to portion into the size bite you need to not upset your stomach. Almost better than that is the ease of preparing them -- Thaw one overnight in the fridge then pop it in the microwave for 25 seconds & it's ready to eat.

I'm stocking up on my next trip to Costco because my daughter likes them too. You can also order them direct online if you don't live near a Costco or have a membership.

GL Superfood Veggie Cake 3D.png            

Superfood Veggie Cakes

Packed with nutrient-rich superfood veggies like Kale & Cauliflower, Gluten Free and only 100 calories! The perfect snack or side dish! Available exclusively at Costco in the refrigerated section!

INGREDIENTS

VEGETABLE BLEND (CARROT, CAULIFLOWER, BROCCOLI, KALE, ONION, RED BELL PEPPER, ZUCCHINI), BROWN RICE (WATER, BROWN RICE), EGG WHITES, WHOLE EGGS, CANOLA OIL, CORN STARCH, SPICE MIX (DEHYDRATED ONION, MALTODEXTRIN, NATURAL FLAVORS, TOMATO POWDER, CITRIC ACID, SPICES), SUGAR, SALT, GARLIC POWDER, POTASSIUM SORBATE (ADDED FOR FRESHNESS), BLACK PEPPER

CONTAINS: EGG
GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, NUT FREE

HEATING INSTRUCTIONS

If frozen, please thaw overnight in refrigerator and then follow directions

OVEN/TOASTER OVEN HEATING INSTRUCTIONS (RECOMMENDED) 
Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Remove Veggie Cake(s) from outer packaging and tray. Place Veggie Cake(s) on a baking sheet and heat for 12 minutes. Do not heat tray in oven or toaster oven. 

MICROWAVE
Remove Veggie Cake(s) from outer packaging. Heat on high for 25 seconds. Microwave times are based on a 1000 watt oven and may vary due to wattage. . 

Contact Us    FAQ    Privacy Policy    Terms & Conditions   Press Room

Garden Lites © 2015

CJ 55 6'1 HW 415 SW 349 CW 263

Surgeon's goal - 245lbs My goal - 215 -195lbs

Most Active