I'm a newbie wondering about a DS

SofaKing Fat
on 2/21/09 11:14 am - East of Toronto, ON, Canada
You Said"The fact is, some people exaggerate so they can get surgery paid for. That is no lie. I am not making anything up. And you all know it."

Frak, some people murder other people. You might consider thinning the wide brush you are painting us all with. Come back when you regain your composure.

SofaKING Fat 
Greg

Highest         Consult          Surgery       Current           Goal         Post Plastics Goal
 380 lbs        360.7 lbs       328.5 lbs     170.80 lbs     165.0lbs                151 lbs

Weight Updated Every Sunday  
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Bruce Jr.
on 2/21/09 10:42 am - Collingwood, Canada
 Please stop.  You should understand that this is hard for me to say, I am typically the last one to promote stepping away from any sort of debate.
high 47BMI/360lbs, now @ goal since 1.25 years post DS 23.5BMI/187lbs
"Faith is not the answer, it only stops you from asking the questions"- Frater Ravus
SofaKing Fat
on 2/21/09 10:55 am, edited 2/21/09 11:03 am - East of Toronto, ON, Canada

Sorry Bruce this reply was in the wrong spot

SofaKING Fat 
Greg

Highest         Consult          Surgery       Current           Goal         Post Plastics Goal
 380 lbs        360.7 lbs       328.5 lbs     170.80 lbs     165.0lbs                151 lbs

Weight Updated Every Sunday  
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
DS Facts
on 2/21/09 10:44 am
A DS is LESS EXPENSIVE then a lap RNY.
sam1am
on 2/21/09 11:58 pm, edited 2/22/09 3:53 am
Wow, didn't mean to start a war here!

FYI I am a she :) 47 yrs old.

I didn't check back in because I was away, no one scared me off - I don't scare easily!

Looks like a DS is out of the question in my case, so now I'm going to have to get some info on VSG's, hope I don't cause problems doing it!

Thanks for all the information, I really appreciate it!

nicholivolkoff
on 2/22/09 1:24 am - Canada
SamIam, I am sorry this question of yours got hijacked, that was probably my fault.

If your co morbs are significant, maybe ohip could be given a better arguement, and it could be worth fighting. Who knows, I don't. I do know, that without anything to fight with, you will be denied. I wasted a lot of time.

Just to let you know, my co morbs were, hypertension, bad ankle pain, shortness of breath, plus a few other smaller issues if I dare have the right to call them smaller or less important.

Those co morbs were not enough to get approval, and my bmi was 45, more than yours by quite a bit.

I would love to say you have a decent chance, but I don't think you do.

Good luck to you, and once again, sorry to ruin your original post, and no you did not start it at all!!
DS Facts
on 2/22/09 4:27 am
Sam,

You are welcome to come join us at www.dsontario.com as well. We have DSers and VSGers. You made find some additional information for your research on surgeries.

Bev
Most Active
Recent Topics