Scope

Robin H.
on 5/5/11 2:27 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
Ok so I recieved a letter in the mail yesterday in regards to my scope appointment.  Let me first explain that it is the last thing i need to do to get my surgery date.  Ok so in this letter states i will need to wait 4MONTHs for my appointments I wanted to scream........ Well today because i am such an advocate for myself i called the Dr's office that the refferal went to and they explained that well they are moving some of the refferals to another DR and that I will likely get my scope by the end of May early June.  Much happier with that answer! So lets hope that I can get this last test over and done with already and move on to a surgery date!

Joyce J.
on 5/5/11 2:30 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

First of all let me say, every time I see the heading Scope, I am thinking the mouthwash and someone is going to say they dumped on  it or something like that hahahahahah

Glad you called, we all need to be advocates for ourselves
Great that you will get an earlier day

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Robin H.
on 5/5/11 2:42 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
LOL dumping on mouthwash !!!!  ok next time willput Adominal scope LOL

StevesGal
on 5/5/11 2:32 am - Hamilton, Canada
Glad you took it upon yourself to call.  Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease! Hope it goes well.  Good luck.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Robin H.
on 5/5/11 5:11 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 woo hooo made a few more calls and have my scope on the 17th of this month !

Lil-Stinker
on 5/5/11 6:47 am
NICE!!!!!!
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
northernlight
on 5/5/11 12:34 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Oh, good for you for being persistent! What a huge difference in time from what you were originally told. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Deb

tasha_the_dog
on 5/5/11 6:29 am - Thunder Bay, , Canada
OMG can't believe that.  I've been waiting for my referral since Nov.  Got my letter the other day and have to wait till Feb 2012.  I'm going to call tomorrow about getting in sooner.  BTW I did scream when I got my letter.
Do you know who the other Dr is beside  Dr Raman who will be doing the scopes?

Referral to Thunder Bay Bariatric Centre July 2010 Orientation Class August 2010
Appointments with dietician, nurse practitioner and psychologist September/November 2010   Ultrasound November 2010
Scope June 10, 2011, meeting with surgeon Nov 29, 2011    surgery  VSG Jan 20/12
Surgeon: Dr. Gmora
HW 287

CW 169

Lil-Stinker
on 5/5/11 6:48 am
What the frig? lol I would want to die.
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
Robin H.
on 5/5/11 11:46 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
Dr Mapeso and Dr Davenport are doing some of the refferals,  Yeh was definately pissed when i got the letter! but much happier now.  Call anna and ask what is happening with your referal or call the doctors office they were really nice and helpful they even booked my follow up appointment while on the phone with them so even have follow up ready to go after the scope and he is decided to do the colonoscopy although not required felt that if on the table might as well cover both ends LOL.  Start making calls

Most Active
Recent Topics