Looking for feedback on Ottawa hospital!

BrigitteD
on 6/27/11 11:24 pm - Sumerstown, Canada
I'm presently getting a little worried about having the surgery done in Ottawa!  Would appriciate to here from poeple who got the RNY surgery there and there experience there!  Ho and by the way! Does anyone know how to download a picture on avitar, cause it always sais that my pics have to be 20 000 bites!  Can't download?

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

samtq
on 6/27/11 11:43 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 Use this website to create your correctly sized avatar.  http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
BrigitteD
on 6/28/11 1:05 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Thank you as you can see now it work!  Will tray to get a better pic, more of a cloe up!  Thank,s for the help!

Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

Sher1ock
on 6/28/11 12:38 am - Canada
What is it that is worrying you?  Anything specific?

BrigitteD
on 6/28/11 1:09 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Just traying to get info on peoples experience!  Did they have big complications, were the doctors excellent or just good. Probably just affraid that I don't get the care I deserved. Two deaths in 2 years I guess I'm a little insecure!

After opti        220                                           

purlshmurl
on 6/28/11 1:04 am - Nepean, Canada
 I had my surgery October 8, 2010 with Dr. Yelle in Ottawa.  Love the man - no issues with anything.  What's worrying you?  Hard to re-assure you if we don't know what's troubling you.

Take care,
Steph

HW 339 / SW 303 / CW 165 !!!!!!!   
BrigitteD
on 6/28/11 1:10 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Just traying to get info on peoples experience!  Did they have big complications, were the doctors excellent or just good. Probably just affraid that I don't get the care I deserved. Two deaths in 2 years I guess I'm a little insecure! Brigitte

After opti        220                                           

purlshmurl
on 6/28/11 1:23 am, edited 6/28/11 1:24 am - Nepean, Canada
 I had no issues with my surgery - virtually no pain afterwards.  Dr. Yelle took a little extra time in my surgery to clean up some adhesions from a previous surgery to make sure that I would not have any issues.  I don't know about Dr. Mamazza or the new surgeon, but Dr. Yelle spoke to me about the deaths that happened and I left my surgical consent appointment with him with no worries whatsoever.  How far along are you in the process - have you had a chance to meet with the behaviourist, dietician, etc. yet?  They are there to help - mention your concerns and get the truth - sometimes there can be a lot of hearsay shared on forums like this.

The staff in the trauma unit (where the bariatric beds are located) were great.  I saw Dr. Yelle no less than 4 times in 2 days I was there - he even called late at night to check in.

PM me if you have any specific questions!
Steph

P.S. Forgot to mention that there are support groups here in Ottawa where you can meet people who've been through or are in the process - the next one is next Tuesday I believe.  Watch this forum for the announcement.

HW 339 / SW 303 / CW 165 !!!!!!!   
BrigitteD
on 6/28/11 8:23 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Thank's this is exacly what I wanted to know!  Thank's Im feeling better now. My minde is a lot more at ease.

After opti        220                                           

Patti K.
on 6/28/11 1:40 am - Kingston On, Canada
Brigitte....not to make light of your question...with ANY surgery...everyone runs the risk of complications, or not waking up!!!  I'm sure that by the time you have your surgery...the bairatric Drs. will have that many more surgeries under their belts!!  I have heard nothing but "high" praise from anyone who have had their surgeries in Ottawa!!  Patti K.

Most Active
Recent Topics