Just had to call!

BrigitteD
on 6/30/11 9:39 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Well today I felt that I had to make a phone call at the wmc in Ottawa just to make sure that they had not lost my application!  They assured me that everything is has it should, they still have my application lol! They are now prossesing peoples that had there info session in Febuary and I had mine  March 18,2011.  So just have to be more patient, but it's so hard.

Refferal Nov 2010.
Information session March 18,2011.
Next appointement????????

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

DeeCanada
on 6/30/11 9:47 am
i have to be honest and say that I am so glad that I put  my name for Humber when I was at the info session in Ottawa..for me ( I am sorry ) but it has been really fast, I even went on a cancellation list and was moved from Aug 9 to July 6...Yikes,,just around the corner..
BUT
I have also had to take a train to Toronto...and return the same day...200.00 train and taxis Meet the surgeon
Plane to Toronto to have PATT and meet the Internest...304 plus 60 in taxis's
and now going to Toronto on Tuesday drive gas $? ...overnight for Husband to stay from Tuesday to Sat morning. his meals.....356.00 ...So...it might be fast but it ain't cheap....
BUT i would not trade it...
Monica M.
on 6/30/11 9:48 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
make sure you keep your receipts for travel, you can claim that on your income tax. Keep track of your appts and all related expenses.

DeeCanada
on 6/30/11 9:56 am
Did not know that...the Nurse at Humber to me that you can try with OHIP...but Ottawa is not considered Northern Ontario...(except in the winter )
Will make sure that I keep everything...
thanks,

d
Monica M.
on 6/30/11 9:58 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
yes, there is a NOrthern Ontario thing, through OHIP, which, you're right, Ottawa isnt. But yeah, medical expenses are claimable.

BrigitteD
on 6/30/11 9:55 am - Sumerstown, Canada
I put my name in for Humber to, but still waiting!
DeeCanada
on 6/30/11 9:57 am
I put mine in January, had a second meeting with the HUMBER 10...in Feb...May got the call...and I had to sit on my hands not to phone...but once it started it has been like a rolling stone...
d
BrigitteD
on 6/30/11 10:03 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Thank's for charing and thank you for the taxe tip!

Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

BrigitteD
on 6/30/11 10:00 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Are you getting you're surgery on July 6, if so when was you're info session in Ottawa.  If you don't mine me asking!

After opti        220                                           

DeeCanada
on 6/30/11 10:07 am

1st in January
2nd in Feb....then things started happening...

Most Active
Recent Topics