Chewable multi-vitamins and sugar content

EmmiePie
on 7/10/11 1:08 pm - Kingston, Canada
I bought the Bariatric Advantage multis to get me through the first few months after surgery.  I was kind of leary seeing the sugar content of some other chewable brands you can get at Shoppers/Costco, etc...  I'm assuming there isn't a huge amount of sugar in them, but my question is, do they ever upset your stomach or cause dumping?  Same with the chewable calcium/vitamin D supplements that resemble chocolate or caramel chews. 
KristieA
on 7/10/11 1:17 pm - Orillia, Canada
I used the chewable Shopper Drug Mart brand until I was switched to a prenatal format (more iron) and had no problems. Well other than needing more iron. I wondered about the chews as well. At my last appointment they recommended the calcium chew tablets from Bariatric Advantage. They are huge, but kind of taste like a candy and not so bad. When the NUT said don't chew them, but suck them she really was serious. I was foaming at the mouth. Yuck.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Kerry F.
on 7/10/11 10:56 pm - Bolton, Canada
I use the chewable Life brand mulit from Shoppers and it hasn't bothered me a bit.  I also use the calcium chews in chocolate flavour now.  I first had the liquid calcium, which tasted like chalk - awful - but switched to the chew when I moved to soft solids.  The sugar content is very low - 1 g. per chew.

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

flyingwoman
on 7/10/11 11:51 pm
 What brand chews do you use?

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Most Active
Recent Topics