3days post op -small issue - normal? Advice requested...

jcasb5
on 7/16/11 12:26 pm
I think it's gas. But I passed lots at hospital, and here and there, but all from the basement, none from the attic...

I tried to get all protein and full solids in today, but I felt completely full, and could not get much more in. I waited a bit, sipped water, but no go. I feel full and a little bloated. I think I need to burp, but can't seem to do it.

Any suggestions, does this seem right? Any ideas?

Thanks. I'm not stressing, cause I feel good, no pain, and I can just kinda tell I need a good burp to move on...

Thx, J
Feb-10-Referral from doc,14-Mar-11-Orientation at HRRH,15-Apr-11-Appt with Surgeon,20-Apr-11-Gastric Bypass Class,09-May-11-Appt with the Dietitian & Social Worker,13-Jul-11-Surgery Date    
EmmiePie
on 7/16/11 12:33 pm - Kingston, Canada
Dunno wot to tell ya.   I'm burping like a drunken sailor and my plumbing appears to be working well too.  Sometimes I'll be walking along and feel like my stomach gets super full, almost painful, then I force out a burp and it goes away.  I'm having a really hard time getting in all the protein today.  I just feel so full all the time too.  it will get better! 
HRBypass
on 7/16/11 12:36 pm
Oddly enough, I've had the same issue for the past few days. It feels like I need to burp, but I just can't seem to. Looking forward to other's suggestions.
Amanda     I 1.5 Years Out     180+lbs Lost     Goal Reached +!  I
suzyq0052
on 7/16/11 6:00 pm
My guess would be that since you are only 4 days post op.. the GASSY feeling you have in your pouch area is due to the swelling of the tissues in the surgical area.. it takes a few weeks for the pouch to heal and so you will feel full sensations and gassiness quite a bit while the delicate tissues are recovering from the surgery. FULL FLUIDS being more dense than clear fluids fill you up faster, and of course if some of them are warm/hot fluids like strained creamed soup, or soupy oatmeal or soupy cream of wheat etc.. its not uncommon for gassy sensation to occur as your pouch fills up...give it a few days and that gassy sensation will subside a great deal.. and sip slowly for the first few days. I remember those days, (had my surgery early March 2011) and if I sipped my strained creamed soups too quickly I got gassy pressure feeling in my pouch and prayed for a good burp!

Before you know it, this minor issue will be just a memory.. welcome to a great new beginning.. LIFE IS GOOD.
suzyq0052

DeeCanada
on 7/16/11 8:49 pm
this helped me pass from the attic. I would raise my arms above my head and put my hands above my head and then let my fingers touch my shoulders for about 10 minutes ( sitting or standing ) and when worse came to worse, I had my husband rub and pat my back like they do for a baby...it came out...loud and proud !

d

missingmanny
on 7/16/11 9:12 pm - Canada
Have you tried Gas-X?  Strips that melt on your tongue were recommended and worked well for me.  Also, I use probiotics to keep bowels moving...although immediately post-op., I used Milk of Magnesia, every hour until it works...You may be getting 'bunged up'...all the best... 

HW 268  SW 261  CW 166GW 170 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com    

Shiloh B.
on 7/17/11 3:00 am - Kitchener, Canada
VSG on 03/22/12
full solids at three days out?  this could be the problem.
July 2nd, 2010 - Referral for WLS from family doctor, MARCH 22, 2012 - Surgery !

Karen M.
on 7/17/11 3:39 am - Mississauga, Canada
I'm thinking he meant full fluids, not solids.

I hope.

lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Linda S.
on 7/17/11 3:27 am - Canada
I agree with Shiloh. Are you sure this is what you are suppose tp be eating at 3 days?
Alcso have heard that GAS X works.
Thanks, Linda
1) Referral - June 26/10                           4) 2nd. meeting with same - Feb.2/11
2) Orientation - Dec.9/10
3) Met with S.W. Nurse, Diet. - Dec.14/10

sam1am
on 7/17/11 5:57 am
A nurse friend of mine always recommended lying on my left side and I find that it really does help.

I hope you get some relief soon!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics