Waiting and yes more waiting

Robin H.
on 7/26/11 12:01 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
Well just because i haven't given an update in some time I figured a few might be wondering.  Just after thinking i could do every apointment possible Thunder Bay decided you needed to see the internist Dr Abu Bakkar befor file is released to Hamilton.  I saw Dr Abu Bakkar 3 weeks ago and of course my file has yet to be sent from Thunder Bay to Hamilton.  I have been calling weekly to ask the status of my file and as of last Friday they were still waiting on Dr Bakkar's dictation notes from all the patients he saw July 6th.  I will continue to call every wee****ill i know it has been sent then I will follow up with Hamilton to confirm that it has been recieved!!!   Just wondering from any of the other people from any of the regional assessment sites, how long was the wait from the time file is sent to surgical centre to actual surgery date or even teleconfefence with surgeon?  This waiting is driving me crazy. 

sweet76
on 7/26/11 12:20 am
well I'm a week behind you, my appt was July 13th, so looks like my file isn't going to be sent off for a bit.  I'm going to have to agree with you there, the waiting is driving me crazy too!  I'm looking at it as a home stretch though, for waiting that is.  Think of how long it took to get through the other appts, it will make this time seem like nothing.  Hang in there.
Robin H.
on 7/26/11 1:25 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
the thing that i liked is there was always a schgedualed apointment coming up now there is nothing just dead time and the wait so i just feels harder when you have your eye on the prize and it is just out of reach and it is out of your control is what frustrates me.  Although I keep calling and monitoring where my file is as I feel I have the right to know the status of my file on a regular basis and they have given me the information I have been requesting.  well i will keep you posted if i get a call :)

greenthumb74
on 7/26/11 6:39 am
Hey there....I feel your pain.  Had my meeting with him on the 22nd of July and he told me that "now it's just a matter of time...."  so I'm guessing that will mean A LOT of time.  I am in the same boat as you...frustrated that now all I can do is wait and wondering when those files will be sent off, wanting to call every week but afraid to seem like a pain in the a**.  Keep us posted on your progress because we will likely be following your lead.

Plus, I was frustrated with my telehealth because they told me to be there early for him and I ended up waiting 15 minutes for him to show up, and that put everyone else behind and in the end, there was nothing more he needed me to do. 

Keep your chin up,
Nancy

Surgery:  November 30/11 w Dr. Scott Gmora at St. Joseph's in Hamilton
Highest Weight:  336lbs                  Current Weight: 250lbs
                          Total Weight Loss: 86lbs 
Robin H.
on 7/26/11 11:13 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
yes will difinately keep you posted on the status of my file lol.  I won't be calling this Friday as I will be in Winnipeg but will likely call the Tuesday I am back just to get the update.  Sounds like they have quite a few files that need to be ready to go down and makes me wondeer how many designated spots Hamilton gives to Thunder Bay per month. As I have been told that Thunder Bay has a designated alotment per month of surgeries but I am unsure of how many that is. 

Most Active
Recent Topics