Finally... a great workout today!

Karen W.
on 7/25/11 5:57 am - Canada
I'm about 3 1/2 months out and have been having a lot of challenges with exercise, partly due to having really low energy and motivation, and partly due to physical health issues (arthritis and orthopedic problems).  I've been doing aquafit and a bit of biking, but what I've really been wanting is to use the elliptical trainer and weights that are collecting dust in my spare room.

Today I finally did it.  I spent 15 minutes (not a long time, but I'm pleased anyways) on the elliptical, and my foot seems to have held up under the pressure.  Then I spent 25 minutes doing some weights.  It reminded me of a time many many years ago when I worked out on a regular basis.  I haven't felt this good in ages!  I'm hoping to manage to do this several times a week now, and to gradually increase the cardio time and the amount and reps on the weights.  Just wanted to share a little success...

RNY April 11, 2011       

look_out_world
on 7/25/11 6:07 am - Canada
 Good for you Karen!!! I can't wait till the day comes that I'm able to work out!!!  You must of felt so good about yourself!!

Monica M.
on 7/25/11 6:12 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
good for you, Karen. So glad you're feeling up to the exercise. I have (well, had :-) ) sore feet, and its soooo nice to be able to walk (even run, a little bit, not a lot yet, but i'm going to do more) without having the sore feet and knees, and without feeling like i'm dead after.

Jyle
on 7/25/11 9:43 pm - kitchener, Canada
 Way to go !!

HW:286lbs SW:255lbs Clinic GW:190lbs Surgeon GW:160lbs MyGW:140lbs    
KelliT
on 7/25/11 10:46 pm
That is amazing, good for you, I try daily to start a post "How did you exercise yesterday"??? Join us, post when you can what you did the day before....its a nice what to support each other..

Most Active
Recent Topics